Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey guys,
Its been a while since I've been on here, school has gotten hectic.

Anyways, the driver door controls for my crew cab had been acting up. The passenger side windows would roll down, but not back up - first it was just the front window, but then the issue spread to the rear. After a few months of leaning across the truck to roll the windows back up I decided to replace it.

I was hesitant to attempt at first, because I'm not the best with electrical stuff, but I figured if the other switches were working, it wasn't the motors, and if my existing switches would roll the windows down then the wiring had to be good, so it had to be the switches themselves in the driver door. I found a replacement module from AC Delco on Amazon for $32.50, and replaced it all myself.

Link to product: http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D1954...&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive
Link to install example video:

Install took me about 15 minutes with a flathead screwdriver and a 10mm socket.
Its scary how much of these trucks just clip/pop together! :shock:

Here's some pics of the install!
Chris

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Nice work, I can see this in my future as my passenger front window acts up while using the master switch. Passenger switch works fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.