Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the last week my wipers went from working only at slow speed, no matter what position the switch was in, to now only moving about 4 inches before stopping completely. I've seen a lot of different issues with wipers with the control panel and motor. My guess is I'm going to have to end up replacing the wiper motor. Ultimately if this is such a big issue for so many, what causes it and how can it be prevented? I've never had issues with a wiper motor before on any of my vehicles. It's a 2011 Sierra. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wipers will move but only a short distance maybe 4 inches before they stop. If I flip the switch to turn them on and force them to move by hand they will move so it doesn't seem like they are frozen. Unless those connections of the arms in the transmission just need lubricated. Any thought?

· Registered
610 Posts
Slow Windshield Wipers

I had this exact same problem. Don't worry.

As long as your electrical system is up to par, you need the new Windshield wiper transmission/motor module. You can fix it in 1-2 hours, working at a moderate pace. I have the part number listed in my thread.

PM me if you have any questions

-DS

· Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue...wiper comes on slowly then stops...turn off then back on...very dangerous. Common issues with safety parts replacement should be dealt with by GM. We pay between $40000 and $80000 for a truck to fall apart before we even pay it off.

· Registered
610 Posts
I agree, and if you're still within warranty you could see if you could get it fixed. However if you can't, at least you have the part number for a replacement.

-DS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.