Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the CarPlay wireless connection on my 2021 Trail Boss is frequently disconnecting, then reconnecting, with a message on the screen saying something about "interference" in the wireless connection. From what I've seen in a couple older threads elsewhere, this seems to be a fairly widespread problem with this unit. Is there a trick or a known fix at this point to help mitigate this issue?

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,819 Posts
Use a cable. It works flawlessly, until the connector on the phone end of the cable wears out, which, for me, is about 4 months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's certainly an option, and I have a cable...but was wondering if there was a fix for a feature highlighted on my window sticker to work as intended.

If not, then how would one prevent CarPlay from automatically connecting when I start the truck, while still allowing the bluetooth to connect for hands-free?

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,819 Posts
I'm just guessing here, because I'm an "Android user," but with Android Auto you can select to automatically connect on start-up or not. I would suspect that Car Play offered that selectability as well..

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,169 Posts
Not sure why it keeps disconnecting but have you updated to the latest ios? I don't have carplay but my iphone kept disconnecting from my truck and one time refused to reconenct until I rebooted it. The latest ios 14.6 solved that. One of the fixes listed was to solve disconnects with bluetooth.

If you need a strong cable that will last, I've had these for a couple years and still going strong
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerline- ... 5875&psc=1

They also make them in USB C if you have the inferior Android phone ;)
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Powerline- ... cs&sr=1-10

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,169 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the links! I did update to 14.6 last week, so I'm going to have to go tethered until there's a fix.

·
Administrator
6,530 Posts
Maybe there is a software or firmware update the dealer can do on the head unit.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,169 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that's a huge update. Not sure if I have it, truck was built 04/21. Went to the updates screen, but it doesn't tell me which version I currently have. I'm assuming I don't have it, the truck was only at the dealer for a day when I bought it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just a shot in the dark, do you have any other bluetooth devices in range that would disconnect/interfere with your truck?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Time to head back to the dealer and have them fix it.

·
Registered
2021 October build LT Trail Boss 6.2
4 Posts
My Trail Boss works great on Bluetooth, but it may have the new firmware. Also needed the use of Navigation, but I had to utilize the cable for that.

For wireless charging:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts