Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
UPDATED!

Understood Adam. If you want to change those number to reflect your "best guess" of the vehicle history....just let me know. I labeled it as an "opinion" column since it is something that is very difficult to be accurate about. Regardless.....it will still be interesting to see what the data turns out to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Looks like 06_Z71 is an outlier as well. No way someone is averaging 100+ miles per engine hour. I am guessing the engine hours got reset at some point.

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Yah, I want him investigated as a "ringer". It's like a college baseball player, playing on a little league team. :) ;)

He is going to force me to go out on the interstate tonight and drive 100mph for about 12 hours to boost my ratio. :lol:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Doesn't everyone win in Little Leage?

(Edited cause political crap should be avoided when possible)

·
Registered
45 Posts
OilFracker said:
Bump. Anyone ready to update or add more information. I'm eager to keep this thread going.
I've been meaning to give you my information as well, but it keeps slipping out of my mind to check when I'm driving, I'll have it tomorrow for sure :p

·
Registered
16,585 Posts
Sounds like my daughter. It is always tomorrow. I still haven't seen a tomorrow since she was born 23 years ago.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Not sure how to classify my driving. 25% highway, 25% city, 50% rural cruising. I'm at 45mph or higher the majority of the time but that isn't really highway.

I have no idea what kind of driving the previous owners did either. It had 128k miles when I bought it last May.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
adam86107 said:
gamikzone said:
Okay here it is :). 03 2500 Hd 6.0. 992.6 hours 80910 miles
Average speed of 81.5 mph. And I thought I drove fast.
His probably suffered from the hour reset to zero glitch as well.

You can't trust the hour meter on any 2003 to 2007 classic cluster.

·
Registered
35 Posts
bitt0285 said:
a lot of those trucks have had the instrument cluster replaced. it is required to set the mileage on the new cluster but not the hours...
exactly!!!!!! not every mechanic writes down the hours when they replace the cluster and just make up something for the hours.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts