Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a CAI. Not really picky about the brand but i can't afford to pay full new price for one right now. Didnt know if someone might have one they want to get rid of...thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Ive had decent luck with the ebay cai kits for like $60

sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy SIII

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Ebay or craiglist, probably your best bet..

Or go in between stock and a full CAI, with a mini kit from Airaid. Just a new tube and a drop in filter in the stock filter box. The tube is bigger and more open to allow better airflow, and the anything above stock filters is better. I actually use an Airaid Jr tube, and a K&N filter.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Airaid MIT is your most economical option. I've seen dyno tests where an MIT tube did better than any of the CAI kits. The factory air filter and box already is a CAI. You just need a better tube. One thing to watch out for on the cheap Ebay parts is they are usually just a tube and filter, and suck in the hot engine compartment air. I'd steer away from those.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one a K&N almost like new. Do not know what it fits but cheap. $40.00 + ship

Jerryjust

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have two for sale the post is awaiting moderator approval in parts for sale

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.