Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3. 59K miles. I replaced the rear shocks with Bilstein 4600's and plan to add a piece of road plate steel ( +- 300lbs) in the bed to soften up the ride. I'd like to use OEM ACdelco front shocks designed for a non Z truck. Do you know if the spring height is different on the Z trucks? I'm looking to soften up the ride, no towing, and almost all town and highway driving. The stock Rancho's are junk and the dealer will only replace with same ones, saying the truck is designed for them. There are so many options I don't want to get the wrong shock size or type. Thanks. . . .

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
No appreciable difference in height.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not put 4600's up front too?
hmmm, because I am, as usual way overthinking it! I would think anything is better than the crappy OEM Ranchos, so 4600 all aroud I go. . . . .

·
Registered
2004 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
88 Posts
hmmm, because I am, as usual way overthinking it! I would think anything is better than the crappy OEM Ranchos, so 4600 all aroud I go. . . . .
I've had different shocks on my trucks and by far the best have been Bilstein's. They're a little pricey but you definitely get what you pay for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts