Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner

1500 Plowing

7K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  SilverLT2 
#1 ·
recently traded my '09 3/4 ton for '11 1500. Looking to transfer my 7'6 BOSS standard duty plow (600-700lbs w/ mount). I noticed the half ton blade weight is less (400-500lbs w/ mount). I plan on putting on a leveling kit but not sure if I need to spend the money to trade for a half ton blade. Anyone have any experience with a similar situation or know how the newer 1500's handle a blade? Thanks.

#6 ·
I have a 2011 1500 Extended Cab 5.3. Make sure you have the HD Cooling Package. I have an 8' Hiniker on the Front of mine and when the plows up the truck only drops 1/2 inch. The truck plows nice to, I usually just keep it in tow haul with traction control off.

P.S I do commercial lots with it

#7 ·
I would add Timbrens to the front (http://www.timbren.com/), since the front will sag a little bit. I see so many 1\2 ton plow trucks up here in MN... I'm sure you'll be just fine. I wouldn't hesitate to plow with a GM 1\2 ton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.