jQuery not supported.

2010 Silverado Service Trailer Brakes

2010 Silverado Service Trailer Brakes

Postby remix919 [OP] » Nov 27 2020, 7:20pm

Hey all, it seems I have the infamous service trailer brakes message on my DIC, I got error codes C1112, C1114, and C1119. I checked all the trailer related fuses (1/3//6/10/25) already replaced both the switch in the cab and the relay in the back with new geniune GM / AC Delco parts. I also cleaned the G401 ground which on my truck with the factory tow package that seems to be located above the spare tire mount and not near the back frame rail as all the diagrams show. I did a quick look at the wires and connections I could see and didn't see anything obviously wrong. At this point I'm at a loss, any ideas where else to look? I'm fairly certain the ground is good because I just cleaned it very thoroughly so perhaps I'm thinking I have a short to voltage somewhere?
Original Poster
remix919
Topics: 1
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 6.2L V8 4x4 Tow Pkg
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 2010 Silverado Service Trailer Brakes

Postby Larry-Cleveland » Dec 14 2020, 3:05pm

You may want to unplug the trailer plug harness at the back rail and test the plug/cable for any shorts. Mine had corrosion inside the back of the plug.
Larry-Cleveland
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 60L 4X4 Flatbed
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Towing/Trailers