jQuery not supported.

Brake issue while backing up boat trailer

Re: Brake issue while backing up boat trailer

Postby BowTieZ71 » May 21 2020, 6:52pm

I hope you can locate the problem. This does not sound good and further on down the line if I experience the same thing I'd like to know what the fix was. Good luck and keep us posted.
BowTieZ71
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Junior62 » May 21 2020, 7:38pm

Enter VIN here to see if there are any outstanding recalls that may be related: https://my.gm.com/recalls

I agree with the wheel speed sensor theory if it is, in fact, the ABS that you hear. I will do some digging and see if I can find anything...

EDIT: seems like this may be your issue?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/ ... 3-2280.pdf

Looks like it is not only the vacuum pump that needs replacing but a few other parts as well. It specifically says that if engine oil is found in the booster or vacuum line that ALL listed parts must be replaced or the issue could return.....
2011 ECSB LTZ James Jr: Factory L9H 6.2L, 6L80, Air Raid tube, tuned by me, 2/4 drop, Tahoe 20's, de-badged
Build Log: Junior62's 2011 Silverado Build
Junior62
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 2
Year: 2011
Variant: LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » May 21 2020, 9:29pm

Junior62 wrote:Enter VIN here to see if there are any outstanding recalls that may be related: https://my.gm.com/recalls

I agree with the wheel speed sensor theory if it is, in fact, the ABS that you hear. I will do some digging and see if I can find anything...

EDIT: seems like this may be your issue?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/ ... 3-2280.pdf

Looks like it is not only the vacuum pump that needs replacing but a few other parts as well. It specifically says that if engine oil is found in the booster or vacuum line that ALL listed parts must be replaced or the issue could return.....

Per the bulletin, the Condition/Concern is not what either one of us are experiencing. That recall was done by the dealer on my truck 10K miles ago, yet I still randomly have the problem I mentioned earlier, and since the dealer check I have looked at the pump for leakage, and the booster vacuum line for oil, and it is still dry.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

96050 miles 5/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 88
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby WesleySilverado » May 23 2020, 11:58pm

Had a similar issue with my 2015. Seemed worse at low speed braking......especially when going in reverse like in a parking lot. Would reach a point where little to no braking happened and you'd have to stand on the brakes. They would be hard to push down past more than half way when it happened but still didn't seem to grab like normal.

Never had a high speed issue with them. Had been told about a TSB on the vacuum pump and had it replaced under warranty. No issues after that.
WesleySilverado
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 9
Year: 2015
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 5.3 V8 6 speed Trans
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BoHunter0210 [OP] » May 24 2020, 1:27am

Thanks Wesley, I will probably give the dealership Tuesday.
Original Poster
BoHunter0210
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2016
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Silver Ice Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Towing/Trailers