jQuery not supported.

4x4 shift motor

4x4 shift motor

Postby Zrock [OP] » Jul 24 2020, 10:03pm

Wondering if this is signs of my 4x4 shift motor going out.. Driving to work this morning noticed that my auto 4x4 was on put it back into 2 high and continued driving for a few blocks. suddenly i had no gears pulled into a empty parking lot and could not even put it in park as it continued to roll back. Shut it off and switched it back to auto 4x4 and everything was good again.. Drove to work no issue go to leave for lunch and i see it sitting in 2h thought that was strange since i left it in auto. Almost home and once again lost all gears put it back into auto and all was good again.. Got home put it back in 2h and it moved again no problem. Shut it off and ran the 4x4 through the different settings listening to the motor it will run through every option except for 4L you cannot even here it trying to shift. I rarely ever use 4x4 even in the winter i will just use it enough to get me out of trouble and back to 2H. Once and a while ill run it through all settings just to make sure things are moving... This is on a 2003 silverado.
Original Poster
Zrock
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 4x4 shift motor

Postby Zrock [OP] » Jul 25 2020, 3:32pm

those shift motors are not cheap in canada gezzz $400
Original Poster
Zrock
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain