jQuery not supported.

A couple of issues

A couple of issues

Postby darksl1d3 [OP] » Nov 08 2019, 3:44pm

I have a 2019 Silverado 5.3L with the 8 speed transmission. The first issue I noticed was the truck would vibrate and make an audible noise in second gear when over 3k RPM. I took it to the dealership and they went on a test ride and told me it was "Normal operation" and didn't really look into it any further. I really don't buy that because none of the other gears do that and my 2014 never had that issue.

Second issue and I'm not sure if this is related is the truck will intermittently resonate/vibrate at low RPM at a steady speed. It's more pronounced at highway speeds and really pronounced when the truck is in Auto 4wd. It will only do it for a few seconds then if I accelerate or decelerate it will go away. Any ideas what could be causing that?
Original Poster
darksl1d3
Topics: 1
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: A couple of issues

Postby Rambodog » Nov 12 2019, 2:46pm

Welcome to the site.
I'm not sure about the first issue, but the second is likely the resonance of V4 mode at lower RPM's. Some don't notice it and others it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm one that noticed it and would drive in M5 (6 sp) to avoid V4 mode. If truck can't get to top gear the V4 mode will not happen. I did this till I got a custom tune.
Z Gloss/Undercoat-Leer-AVS-BedRug-Morimoto-Winjet-Lamin X-Kenwood-Rockville-Focal-Rockford-Sundown-Lewtune-Llumar-Airaid-TeamRXP-Diode Dynamics-Halo-DynoMax-Carven-PowerStop-Toyo-Moto Metal-American Racing-WeatherTech-AMP-Fumoto-Moog-Amsoil-Mobil1
Rambodog's 2014 Silverado 1500 5.3 Build
Rambodog
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 58
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2014
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3 4X4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Re: A couple of issues

Postby darksl1d3 [OP] » Nov 12 2019, 6:22pm

Rambodog wrote:Welcome to the site.
I'm not sure about the first issue, but the second is likely the resonance of V4 mode at lower RPM's. Some don't notice it and others it sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm one that noticed it and would drive in M5 (6 sp) to avoid V4 mode. If truck can't get to top gear the V4 mode will not happen. I did this till I got a custom tune.

I think you're right. It's kind of like a drone. I noticed it on my 2014 but I thought it had something to do with my Borla exhuast and didn't think much of it. My 2019 has the factory exhaust and I didn't think it would do that.
Original Poster
darksl1d3
Topics: 1
Year: 2019
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain