jQuery not supported.

Ball park research done....just need an opinion

Ball park research done....just need an opinion

Postby USMCTEX [OP] » Oct 03 2013, 5:44pm

Hello Everyone,

I am new here, but I have been reading on here for a few days. This is my first lift and I need an opinion about gear ratios. I have been reading all sorts of info on here about how they work, what I need, etc. and have narrowed it down between two I think. A little info on my truck and plans, I currently have a 2013 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LTZ w/ 5.3L V8. Current gear ratio is 3.08, w/ stock p265/65/R18 tires, 31.5". :shock: ( I was far more uneducated on this when I bought). I am wanting to go with a 6" BDS coil-over lift, 35" nitto trail grapplers, and 18" XD Monsters. I am still learning on the backspacing and offset for those, but thats another topic.

On to the drivetrain, I am thinking for me after all the reading would be to go with a 4.3 gear, as far as I can tell only Motive makes this size?, or I could go with a 4.10. Doing the Math if I were to swap to a 3.42, that would take me back to stock, but I feel like I would really need more than that do to the weight of those crazy heavy tires. So 4.10 would be a pretty decent upsize...but yet it seems the 4.56 seems to be the favorite for people. 4.56 I think would just be too low for me. I live in West Texas, so...very flat...lol. Most of my time is spent on the highway, but I do wanna have that power when I am in the city. Which is where I figured the 4.3 might be good. I will be honest, This is mostly for the look, There isnt alot of off road opportunity out here. And as far as towing I really don't do alot of it, occasional small trailer here and there with furniture.

Any opinions on this would be really appreciated.
Original Poster
USMCTEX
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Ball park research done....just need an opinion

Postby ASTE25 » Oct 03 2013, 8:50pm

I think the 4.10's would be the best bet for that setup.
Jordan
ASTE25
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby Silvery13 » Oct 05 2013, 1:40am

^X2.
Not a member of the "club", not a self appointed "this or that", not a legend in my own mind.
Conceptual Polymer High Efficiency Catch Can, DynaPro ATM RF-10 255-70/18, Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded, Bilstein 5100s
Silvery13
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2014
Extra Info: Z71 4X4 EcoTec 5.3
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby USMCTEX [OP] » Oct 05 2013, 6:52pm

Thanks for the input guys. I was basing a lot of things off of a chart I found somewhere on here as well and the difference between the 4.3 and the 4.10 rpm wise was only 99 rpm @ 65 mph. I am assuming this is pretty negligible?

Also would y'all have any recommendation of a good brand to go with?
Original Poster
USMCTEX
Topics: 1
Year: 2013
Extra Info: LTZ 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ASTE25 » Oct 05 2013, 9:07pm

I have heard good things about G2's.
Jordan
ASTE25
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain