jQuery not supported.

MP3023LD TRANSFER CASE

MP3023LD TRANSFER CASE

Postby Mugzwump [OP] » Apr 02 2020, 12:24am

Hello, new here.

I am lookimg for some info on the MP3023 NQH transfer case in my 2011. Mainly, the front output shaft bearing is gone pretty bad after the winter season. As I havn't had one of these cases out yet I was hoping someone could tell me if changing this bearing is a job where I can get away with changing the bearing only or is this a job where I might as well look at a full rebuild kit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what I can tell the bearing is installed from inside the case on these. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks,
Original Poster
Mugzwump
Topics: 1
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LTZ
Extra Info: 1500 SILVERADO LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: MP3023LD TRANSFER CASE

Postby nealinator » Apr 02 2020, 2:24pm

Can't help with your question, but I have the same t-case and want to follow along this thread for any relevant info.

I came across this article that does some explaining of the operation and some detailed views included. https://www.evopower.ca/mrws/filedriver ... ration.pdf

I had this one linked from some time back as well. The transmissions listed in the chart for the NQH appear to be incorrect. Does not even show the 6L80 which is in mine.
https://www.evopower.ca/mrws/filedriver ... _Cases.pdf
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain   183,317 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 169
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Re: MP3023LD TRANSFER CASE

Postby Mugzwump [OP] » Apr 02 2020, 4:42pm

Yeah, I found that document as well but I couldn't quite answer my questions with it. I am nearly certian the bearing goes in from the inside of the case. At 162K miles I wonder if the rebuild kit makes sense. I know I'll need gaskets at the very least if I crack it open. Hopefully there is someone here who has done this job.
Original Poster
Mugzwump
Topics: 1
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LTZ
Extra Info: 1500 SILVERADO LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain