jQuery not supported.

rear, front, transfer case, and transmission fluids

rear, front, transfer case, and transmission fluids

Postby Rich3 [OP] » Jul 21 2020, 7:03pm

I have a 2013 Sierra Z71--I'd like to change both differential fluids, transmission fluid, and transfer case fluid. Also, assuming I have limited slip and will need the additive, but not sure how I know for sure. Looking for capacities of each and recommendations on fluids. Thanks,
Original Poster
Rich3
Topics: 2
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: SLE
Extra Info: Extended cab Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: rear, front, transfer case, and transmission fluids

Postby Z15 » Jul 21 2020, 7:10pm

No limited slip, its a Eaton Locker and they DO NOT use limited slip additives.

75W-90 Synthetic Gear Lube in both axles
Dexron VI ATF in transfer case & transmission

You can lookup capacities here ►2013 GMC TRUCKS SIERRA 1500 PICKUP

fyi
¨ Optional Equipment (G80 Order Code) on all GM two-wheel and four-wheel drive light trucks and sport utilities.

Benefits

¨ Improved traction differentiates the vehicle relative to other rear wheel and four-wheel drive vehicles on the market.

¨ Maintenance free; requires no lube additives.

¨ Enhanced towing and off-road performance.

¨ Patented carbon friction disc technology enhances performance and durability while reducing warranty claims.

Principles of Operation

¨ Wheel speed difference (left to right) in excess of 100 RPM will cause a flyweight mechanism to open and catch a latching bracket.

¨ The stopped flyweight will trigger a self-energizing clutch system, which results in the cam plate ramping against a side gear.

¨ Ramping increases until both axles turn at the same speed (full lock), which prevents further wheel slip.

¨ At speeds above 20MPH, the latching bracket swings away from the governor and prevents lockup from occurring.

Technical Specifications

¨ Automatic locking takes place within a fraction of a second, so smoothly that it is unnoticed by the average driver.

¨ Unlocking occurs automatically, once the need for improved traction is gone, and is unnoticeable to the average driver.

¨ Compatible with anti-lock brake systems.
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

My_Fleet
2017 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L Ultimate
2017 John Deere X738 4x4 Tractor/Snow Blower
2018 Polaris RZR S 900 EPS
Z15
Recognized Supplier
Recognized Supplier
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 238
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: Ultimate 4WD 6.2L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Vendors
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain