jQuery not supported.

reduced power mode

reduced power mode

Postby Beehler [OP] » Nov 10 2019, 5:23am

Hi,

2002 GMC 2500HD, 8.1 liter, Allison Transmission.

The truck has been sitting for about 3 weeks. The day before my wife reset the clock on an after market radio that was installed a couple years ago.

The truck started fine, but immediately went in to reduced power mode and the service engine soon light came on. Shutting off the truck and re-staring it produce the same result 2 more times. On the fourth start the truck reverted to normal mode, but the service engine soon light stayed on.

Since then I have driven the truck about 50 miles with multiple starts and everything has been fine. The other day I reset the "service engine soon" light. Hooking up the scanner revealed two codes "P1515" and "P1515 pending." I cleared these codes and have not driven the truck since.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Original Poster
Beehler
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: HD 2500 8.1L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: reduced power mode

Postby Rambodog » Nov 11 2019, 5:25pm

There is a Yellow wire coming off the throttle body connector that can break inside the insulation. Grab the wire about 5 or 6" above the connector and try moving it around and give it a tug to see if it is connected solid. I saw a thread on a different site that stated. "When I have a vehicle with these codes and reduced power, I update the PCM (check Dealer for update). Replace the throttle body and the harness connector and check the ground on pass side head".
Z Gloss/Undercoat-Leer-AVS-BedRug-Morimoto-Winjet-Lamin X-Kenwood-Rockville-Focal-Rockford-Sundown-Lewtune-Llumar-Airaid-TeamRXP-Diode Dynamics-Halo-DynoMax-Carven-PowerStop-Toyo-Moto Metal-American Racing-WeatherTech-AMP-Fumoto-Moog-Amsoil-Mobil1
Rambodog's 2014 Silverado 1500 5.3 Build
Rambodog
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 58
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3 4X4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain