jQuery not supported.

T-Case or Rear End??

T-Case or Rear End??

Postby pickles [OP] » Feb 10 2015, 7:09am

I live in the country., and coming home one afternoon my 07 silverado 1500 makes a "grind" noise and comes to a stop. I couldn't tell where exactly it was from but sounded behind tranny.
I get out and look and nothing is blown up or leaking so I get back in. I put truck in D and it moves 2 inches then nothing., put it in R and does the same. A neighbor drug me the 2 miles home., am so glad we just has a snowfall or my tires would be ruined. If I was mechanically inclined I would pull plate off the rear end and check that first., but alas I am sorry to say that although I do oil changes and brakes and the minor stuff on my own.... this is beyond my capabilities.
any thoughts on what exactly my problem is? ... TIA :)
Original Poster
pickles
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2007
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.7L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: T-Case or Rear End??

Postby ASTE25 » Feb 11 2015, 7:49am

I would disconnect the driveshaft and jack the rear wheels off the ground and see if the wheels move. You can at least narrow down if it is in the rear end.
Jordan
ASTE25
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
SilveradoSierra Guru
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Return to Transmission/Drivetrain