jQuery not supported.

10,000 Gallons of gas...

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Re: 10,000 Gallons of gas...

Postby Copperhead » Jan 24 2020, 5:40pm

To make folks feel a little better about what they spend on fuel, I buy over 20,000 gallons of diesel fuel a year just for one semi truck. Spent $57,710.98 in 2019 alone for diesel in one truck.

I live rural, and I like topping my 2500 and Equinox off when they get to 1/2 tank also. More a matter of having plenty of fuel in the event of power outages and other such issues that stations might be down for a day or two. Can happen during ice storms and other weather related events. Rural living has its own unique issues.

Not sure why anyone would need to pay $1000 a month on a pickup, unless they were going short term so they could knock it out quickly. One can buy a brand new 2020 2500 6.6L gasser crew cab Z71 off the lot for $40K. I have seen several sales that were in that range.
Freedom is not having the choice to do what you want, but the choice to do what you ought.
Copperhead
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 38
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500HD LT Z71 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LRod » Jan 24 2020, 6:08pm

Copperhead wrote:To make folks feel a little better about what they spend on fuel, I buy over 20,000 gallons of diesel fuel a year just for one semi truck. Spent $57,710.98 in 2019 alone for diesel in one truck.

I live rural, and I like topping my 2500 and Equinox off when they get to 1/2 tank also. More a matter of having plenty of fuel in the event of power outages and other such issues that stations might be down for a day or two. Can happen during ice storms and other weather related events. Rural living has its own unique issues.

Not sure why anyone would need to pay $1000 a month on a pickup, unless they were going short term so they could knock it out quickly. One can buy a brand new 2020 2500 6.6L gasser crew cab Z71 off the lot for $40K. I have seen several sales that were in that range.
Man I wish I'd find that here. I've never seen a 2500 at that price. If I'd find a new 2500 with a big engine in the $40's, I'd buy it today. That's why I ended up with a 1500 with a 5.3. And on a side note, the diesel spent on your semi is probably a business expense for operating the vehicle. I imagine that the truck produces money to pay that diesel. My truck is for personal use so it's literally a Gas money pit, Lol!!
And yes, $1000 per month is nuts long term. That tells me that the person doesn't have enough money to afford the truck to begin with. They accumulate enough cash every month in order to just make the payment and show everyone what a nice truck the bank owns!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
LRod
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 35
Year: 2019
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancherroorancher is online! » Jan 24 2020, 6:20pm

My wife run into that situation all the time in our business. People buy a house that's too big for them, and the motgage payments are so high on this $500K+ house, (not to mention the 2 car payments in addition,) that they resort to buying their furniture and accessories from places like Ashley, Pier 1, Ikea, and even Target, not realizing they'll have to replace it in 5 years due to the poor quality of construction.
House poor, vehicle poor, ghetto rich. There! I said it!

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancherroorancher is online!
Topics: 76
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Copperhead » Jan 24 2020, 6:23pm

On another GM forum, a guy bought a 2020 2500 6.6L gasser CC Z71 for about $41k out the door. the sticker was about $50K. I was watching a YT video from a guy in Oregon that was testing his new 2020 2500 6.6L gasser CC up in the high country pulling around a trailer with a Bobcat Steer Loader on it. His claim was that he got the pickup for $40K.

Essentially, it is very doable and still profitable for the dealer to get 18-20% off of MSRP. I would open up negotiation at 20% off MSRP and not buy for less than 15% off MSRP. There is no reason not to get $10K or more off on a new pickup truck. And there are many, many dealers. If one doesn't want to budge, there is always another who will. And a dealer you want to work with can get any vehicle you want from any other dealer. My 2015 2500 6.0 Z71 with snow plow prep, tow package with integrated controller, and 5th wheel/gooseneck prep had a sticker of $48K and I drove it off the lot for $38K at roughly this same time of year we are in now, about 21% off of the sticker price. And I got that on the first shot at negotiation. Dealer even thru in a Line-X bed liner job to sweeten the deal. A dealer about 60 miles from me. Local dealer wanted to play hard ball.
Freedom is not having the choice to do what you want, but the choice to do what you ought.
Copperhead
Topics: 38
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 2500HD LT Z71 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LRod » Jan 24 2020, 6:34pm

So are these sticker prices different for different regions? I'm in Florida and my 2019, 4x4, 1500 LD's sticker price was about $48k (I drove it off at around $38k, roughly 21% off msrp). How can a 2500 sticker be at $50k? That means it sells for like $40k. Like I said, I would have bought one at the time. I saw the 2500's here when I bought my truck and they were way higher than mine.

LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Jan 24 2020, 6:38pm

depends on the dealer. My dealer knocks 10k off the sticker on every truck on their lot. And that’s before you even start to haggle. they are able to do it because they move so much inventory. They have 2020 ltz duramax trucks with 12k off sticker on their website right now.

New LD are listed at 34k now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 99
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby LRod » Jan 24 2020, 6:43pm

ferraiolo1 wrote:depends on the dealer. My dealer knocks 10k off the sticker on every truck on their lot. And that’s before you even start to haggle. they are able to do it because they move so much inventory. They have 2020 ltz duramax trucks with 12k off sticker on their website right now.

New LD are listed at 34k now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the LD's (or the ones that are left) are deeply discounted now since they are almost gone. My dealer has about a total of 200 new trucks in stock right now. They too take about $10k off of every truck because they sell tons of them. But that still doesn't explain about the 2500 having a $50k sticker when my sticker was like $48k. That tells me that the stickers are regionally manipulated if a 2500 really exists at that price. In Florida I've never seen a price that low. I'm gonna check national inventory tonight though the Chevy website to see. Now I'm curious!

LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Jan 24 2020, 6:59pm

as for that $1000 payment, it wouldn't surprise me if he is upside down. he is always buying this and selling that and asking if people need work done around there house. but he also lives in a trailer and isn't married so maybe he has the money and don't care.. I'm not real sure.
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 48
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3l 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancherroorancher is online! » Jan 24 2020, 7:00pm

Most dealers are also not banking on making a lot of money on selling new vehicles as they sit. Just enough to pay their sales staff, inventory taxes if any, and a little overhead.
They're banking on selling accessories, service contracts, and service after the sale. That's where the money is.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

89200 miles 2/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs pending

Diablew Tune
roorancherroorancher is online!
Topics: 76
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Jan 24 2020, 7:05pm

customer: can you change my brakes
Dealer: sure

an hour later

Dealer: you really need a whole new engine, that will only be $7000
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 48
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3l 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics