jQuery not supported.

2012 Silverado truck bed removal and rust proofing

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

2012 Silverado truck bed removal and rust proofing

Postby cso2014 [OP] » Mar 06 2017, 3:21am

Hello. I'm in the process of preparing to take on the arduous task of removing my truck bed and rust proofing the entire truck frame. I was working on the underside of my truck recently and notice a lot of scaly rust. Well I began doing research on products to remove the rust as quickly as possible and found the attached video on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCEdhlDteJo This video and his series of videos have been very helpful to me for purchasing the correct tools for the job.
I would like to know if anyone has any tips on removing the truck bed with the least amount of effort and getting the rust out the inside of the truck frame. I know it requires the removal of a few bolts, but pictures or video would be helpful. As I go through the process I will post pictures. I will not be tackling this project for a few more weeks, when it gets warmer outside. Thanks
Original Poster
cso2014
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 5.3L 1500 6 speed
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 2012 Silverado truck bed removal and rust proofing

Postby ferraiolo1 » Mar 06 2017, 12:16pm

look at body lift instructions on zone or rough countries website. will tell you how to disconnect the bed.
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 99
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Re: 2012 Silverado truck bed removal and rust proofing

Postby cso2014 [OP] » Mar 07 2017, 12:14am

Great. Thanks for the advice, :). I'm looking forward to getting started. Will definitely get help with the heavy work, lol Will keep you posted.
Original Poster
cso2014
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: 5.3L 1500 6 speed
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics