jQuery not supported.

3pt Hitch for Truck

Use 3pt implements on truck just like a compact tractor
Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

3pt Hitch for Truck

Postby Copperhead [OP] » May 13 2017, 7:40am

Came across this little nugget. Looks interesting. Seems like a good solution for those that need occasional use of 3pt Cat 1 implements like a blade, box blade, landscape rake, even a plow, disk, etc for food plot preparation for deer. Kinda pricey, but pretty reasonable for what it can do, and certainly compared to buying a compact tractor. Especially if one only needs to get a job done only a few times a year. Would work on a 1500 on up. Even on a Jeep or SUV with a few limitations.

http://t-pointlift.com/files/T-Point_Li ... r_code.pdf
Freedom is not having the choice to do what you want, but the choice to do what you ought.
Original Poster
Copperhead
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 38
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500HD LT Z71 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: 3pt Hitch for Truck

Postby bootstrap » May 13 2017, 11:25am

I am more of a tractor enthusiast and for the most part I just take my tractors to tractor pulls and some shows. But I do plant several food plots and a large garden that sustains year round veggies, frozen and canned. When I prep the ground, plowing and disking I cant see my truck doing that. At least not with any wetness in the ground. And in the spring the ground is usually wet around here.
But I can see the 3 point being very useful on a truck.
There is always enough time to do it over again, but never enough time to do it right the first time.
bootstrap
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0 4x4 WT
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Skidge » May 13 2017, 1:34pm

Cool idea, could use one for the occasional big snow we get in KY and can't get my old F**d tractor to start because it's 10 degrees out. Maybe even a stripped down version with manual height adjustment in lieu of the hydraulic would be more economical.
Skidge
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Copperhead [OP] » May 13 2017, 2:53pm

Well, did come across this one that is much cheaper, but doubt it would be quite as functional. Maybe as blade use only. Might require a drop receiver adapter also to get blade attack angles different.

http://www.hitch-n-plow.com

Sure, nothing will quite compare to using a tractor for any of this kind of thing, but for that light, occasional user, it could be a real good option as opposed to buying a CUT and all the associated costs with that. Hard to justify a CUT purchase for something you might do only a few times a year. I have a New Holland CUT, but I have a lot of applications, especially loader work, that calls for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV2MrVHMT_Q
Freedom is not having the choice to do what you want, but the choice to do what you ought.
Original Poster
Copperhead
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 2500HD LT Z71 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Skidge » May 13 2017, 11:31pm

Hey thanks, that's the perfect setup there for clearing some snow once in awhile with the tractor blade. Cost ain't bad too. Guess you would need a decent winch for it too. My 5' blade is still pretty heavy.
Skidge
Topics: 2
Year: 2009
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.0 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics