jQuery not supported.

Advice needed to find a Trail Boss or AT4 in California

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Advice needed to find a Trail Boss or AT4 in California

Postby dgold21 [OP] » May 29 2021, 7:56pm

Have been on the lookout for either an AT4 or Trail Boss, that is not white, in California...the only ones I've been able to find actually on a lot are being marked up $7500-10K over MSRP with a hard "no negotiation" line, dealers literally daring me to find one elsewhere. My question is, if it comes to it, are there aftermarket/OEM parts and fittings available to get the aggressive aesthetics of one of these models with a lower, more available trim? I'm wanting to sell/trade my Colorado while the market is hot, but I can sit on the cash and wait it out for a little bit.
Original Poster
dgold21
Topics: 2
Year: 2021
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Trail Boss
Extra Info: 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Advice needed to find a Trail Boss or AT4 in California

Postby GBSierraSLE » May 30 2021, 2:10am

The pandemic, the chip shortage, and all the free government hand-out money is making it hard for virtually all industries to meet demand for their products, partly because they can't find enough people to do the work. More money to be made sitting at home collecting unemployment. They can charge virtually whatever price they want and still sell every unit they make.

Adding desired features to a lower model truck is possible, (some things cannot be added after the truck leaves the factory), but it would likely cost you way more than waiting for the right truck.
'13 4x4 LC9 6L80 3.42 G80 Z60 Z82 Bght new, 2" level, Michelin Dfndr LTX 275/60/20, DiabLew, Webasto Moonroof, Borla, Bedrug, Helwig, Rosen, Extang, Stone Liner, Raptor, Boss plow, SL1 LED 21,980 mi
GBSierraSLE
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 25
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: SLE
Extra Info: 1500 4x4 EC 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Supporters
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby adam86107 » May 30 2021, 3:22am

If cost is a concern I would look more into the Trail Boss. The Trail Boss and AT4 are not equals. The Trail Boss is a package that can be had on various trims, so you have a better chance of finding one at a lower price. The AT4 is a higher level trim, it's a Denali without the chrome accents.

You could probably get pretty close to the same look on any Silverado/Sierra just by blacking out the trim, level or small lift, black wheels, and all terrain tires.
adam86107
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 85
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Variant: AT4
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.6 Duramax
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Z15 » May 30 2021, 3:49am

I have a friend who is a GMC salesman for 30 yrs at same dealer and he told me the AT4 is on nationwide constraint for last 6 months. He also is the man who places all the orders. They (GMC) have more demand than they can supply so dealers are limited in how many they can get. He also told me there are 1900 GMC dealers all in the same boat. I just looked and he has a black one with 3.0L diesel.
Mike

SYNTHOIL SUPPLY

►JOIN AMSOIL

My_Fleet
2021 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L Ultimate
2018 Polaris RZR S 900 EPS
2017 John Deere X738 4x4 Tractor/Snow Blower
Z15
Topics: 252
Years of membership: 11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: Ultimate 4WD 6.2L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby dgold21 [OP] » May 30 2021, 7:38am

I had a shot at a white AT4 locally, but I just don't want white...I live in the central valley in California, farm central in the state, and I could blindly throw a baseball into the air at an intersection and chances are it would come down the the bed of a white pickup. There is a dealer about 2 1/2 hours away that has 4 Trail Boss in colors I like, spec'd identically with 20" wheels and 6.2, but they are marked up $10K over MSRP, and they challenged me to find another Trail Boss in the state. So I did.

About 30 miles north of that dealer, I found one that showed up on a lot this morning, no markup, $4K rebate in effect, Satin Steel metallic, and I snagged it. Won't be able to get over there to close the deal and pick it up until Monday, but it's mine as of now. Plus they gave me about 2K more for my Colorado on trade than I expected.
Original Poster
dgold21
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby adam86107 » May 30 2021, 1:08pm

Nice! Congrats
adam86107
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 85
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Variant: AT4
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.6 Duramax
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby tsuintx » May 30 2021, 2:48pm

Well… That turned around fast. Congrats!
2016 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab
2015 Suburban LT
2012 BMW K1600GTL Premium
2011 Infiniti G37
tsuintx
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2016
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 4x4 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby dgold21 [OP] » May 30 2021, 5:46pm

Yea it was crazy how it quickly turned after weeks of frustration. Trading up, out with the old, in with the new

tb21sm.jpg
tb21sm.jpg (195.68 KiB) Viewed 537 times

Hope I didn't jinx it! It's not in my driveway yet
Original Poster
dgold21
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Brwk » Jun 09 2021, 9:59pm

Congratulations!!!!!
And make sure you tell that other dealer what you got :)
Brwk
Contributor
Contributor
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Shifting into Second Gear [L3]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Supporters
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics