jQuery not supported.

Diesel Power and Apperance

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Diesel Power and Apperance

Postby yamaha07 [OP] » Mar 20 2012, 2:54pm

Looking to do some more mods on my 06 duramax i just bought. Already have 4" from turbo back with 6" tip, Edge power chip, 20" american racing rims, top gun bumper and brushguard.

Any ideas let me know what you got or what you would have if you had the money. Pictures would be nice to see how everything looks or specs if its something performance wise. Thanks
95' Sierra ext cab, 4x4, murdered out black, roof visor, crate 350, edelbrock carb, flowmaster 40's, Boss Phantom 12's with HiFonic 1800watt amp, red neon, bass pulse lights.
Original Poster
yamaha07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 13
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 1995
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 350 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: Diesel Power and Apperance

Postby tcarr25 » Mar 20 2012, 3:38pm

A leveling or lift kit. Maybe a line-x bedliner. Here is a pic of my 04 with the torsion bars cranked to level and 285/75/16 tires. You have to look past the totaled part and you an get a good idea on height. I was about 3-4 inches shorter than a new duramax with a 6 inch lift and 35's.

tcarr25
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 36
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3 LT Z71 Ec
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby yamaha07 [OP] » Mar 20 2012, 10:14pm

Damn!! what happend to it?
And i was already thinking about doing a lift but im debating between just like a 3" body lift or a 6" suspension lift. I like the high lift look but i dont want to sacrifice a huge amount of mpg.
95' Sierra ext cab, 4x4, murdered out black, roof visor, crate 350, edelbrock carb, flowmaster 40's, Boss Phantom 12's with HiFonic 1800watt amp, red neon, bass pulse lights.
Original Poster
yamaha07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby tcarr25 » Mar 20 2012, 10:43pm

I hit a big white oak tree one night. Thats why I went with just the torsion bar crank. It's free to do and it got me some extra height without sacrificing usability. Plus I already got horrible mpg's anyway so I couldn't make it a whole lot worse.
tcarr25
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby yamaha07 [OP] » Mar 21 2012, 8:06pm

tcarr25 wrote:I hit a big white oak tree one night. Thats why I went with just the torsion bar crank. It's free to do and it got me some extra height without sacrificing usability. Plus I already got horrible mpg's anyway so I couldn't make it a whole lot worse.

See i thought about doing that but the torsion bars are already turned all the way up because the front bumper and brush guard is made out of heavy duty steel and weighs a little over 300lbs but it looks like its sitting at stock height. That also concerns me with lifting it because with that much weight with the bumper on top of the already existing heavy Duramax in it i dont know if they make a lift kit that could hold the weight for years and years of abuse.
Original Poster
yamaha07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby tcarr25 » Mar 21 2012, 8:10pm

Ya that's a good point. Which I've seen duramaxs with bumpers and still lift it so it might not hurt anything.
tcarr25
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 98 gmc 4x4 » Apr 09 2012, 3:05pm

sell that edge and get efi live check out this site http://duramaxtuner.com/ here is a vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQrmpmZRcE8 Let's see some pics of the truck 8-)
4404 4405 4403

"Diesel is just a passion that only those who have the bug will understand."
98 gmc 4x4
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 21
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 1998
Extra Info: 1500 4x4 5.0 L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics