jQuery not supported.

Fuel tank lock ring for fuel pump assembly

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Fuel tank lock ring for fuel pump assembly

Postby ftff54 [OP] » Apr 17 2019, 7:44pm

Hello All,

At one of my jobs we have a 1988 chevy C3500 (I've also been told its an R10) cab and chassis with a dump body. The fuel pump went and in the process of removing it, the lock ring attached to the fuel tank had to be destroyed since the pump assembly wouldn't come out. I've looked all over for a replacement lock ring. I've been told that I will need to replace the entire tank since the lock ring is tack welded to it. I've also been told I could use a lock ring that is for plastic tanks (this one is metal). In order to adapt the one for plastic tanks, I would need to attach the lock ring using an epoxy that is impervious to fuel as a sealant and then secure the ring to the tank with self taping screws. I realize in order to go this avenue the tank needs to be completely empty and dry. My questions are: Does anyone know of an after marked lock ring that can be installed? If so, where can i purchase one? (I live in Rhode Island) Second, has online used the lock ring for the plastic tanks and installed it as I explained? If so, did it work and are there any special tricks I will have to perform to make sure I get a tight, no leak seal?

Thanks for any and ll responses.

John
Original Poster
ftff54
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Fuel tank lock ring for fuel pump assembly

Postby bedrock7001 » Apr 17 2019, 8:11pm

The correct locking cam (ring) is still made thru AC Delco and GM , the part number for GM is 25124032 the AC number is TR11, down here in SoFlo there are plenty around here ,chance are up there too.
bedrock7001
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2001
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Fuel tank lock ring for fuel pump assembly

Postby ftff54 [OP] » Apr 18 2019, 1:10am

Thank you very much! I'll check with the local GM dealers
Original Poster
ftff54
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics