jQuery not supported.

Group Buys ! forum not being used to its full potential

other forums do this. why not on this one?
Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Group Buys ! forum not being used to its full potential

Postby funnytoe [OP] » May 31 2016, 5:03pm

I really like this forum i think the moderators do an excellent job on keeping it clan and friendly to all . one of the things i like its a place where we all come for help with questions .

best of all we all like to share the great things we buy for our trucks. everything from simple car wax to expensive suspension upgrades and bumped superchargers and anything in-between .

for the most part we all like to purchase the same things . on other forums they will organize "Group Buys" they contact vendors on making a large purchase for a great "Discount" for all who place order . for those who are not familiar with this lets put up an example

EXAMPLE a vendor agrees to sell Katzkin leather seat covers for $425 total for crew-cab . but we would need 25 or more members to agree to buy by a certain cut off date . thats even cheaper than eBay or any place on the net. not a real offer just example.

i myself have taken advantage of Group Buys in the past in other forums for my other cars.

this big forum of silverado sierra truck owners could take advantage of great savings by organizing group purchasing . Imagine saving a couple hundred dollars off on group purchasing .even cheaper than amazon. things we all are waiting to pull the trigger on like tonneau covers, led light bars , rims , lift kits , level kits , all name brand stuff . my buddies camaro forum got a sweet deal on oil catch cans.

Well just a thought . wondering if all you other members would like to see Group buys ? or not
Original Poster
funnytoe
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 29
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Group Buys ! forum not being used to its full potential

Postby ricka182 » May 31 2016, 5:06pm

There have been some group buys here before..usually it's a vendor who comes in looking to see if they can make it happen, or at least gauge interest level. Some vendors still check in to offer a better price as well.

I think if someone wanted something, and could garner 10+ people, reaching out to a vendor and mentioning the forum may help them offer something, but I wouldn't expect the site itself to do this for us.
2006 Silverado 1500
Atomic Coilover Conversion - Viking Warrior/PAC Springs
RCX 6" lift
Cognito UCAs
American Outlaw Bandit wheels - 17x9/-10
BFG A/T KO2 - 285/70/17
Corsa DB Catback
New Pic coming soon

Illegitimi non carborundum
ricka182
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 181
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2006
Variant: Z71
Extra Info: 5.3L V8
Group Membership:
Servicemen
SilveradoSierra Guru
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby esox07 » May 31 2016, 5:10pm

I know someone tried to do a group buy on an android based head unit a while back and it seemed to garner a lot of attention but eventually fissled out. The product was just too unproven. But I think for some other popular items that are more main stream, it would have a lot more success. I would be looking forward to seeing a couple form. I am not really in the market for any mods right now but if the right product for the right price came up in a group buy, I might be persuaded.
2013 Silverado 1500 LT, Z71, 5.3L, 6L80e, 4X4, HD Towing pkg
If you can't fix it with a hammer, it is an electrical problem
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 293
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2013
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 LT XCab 5.3 4x4
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby Fisger8new » May 31 2016, 5:14pm

Always interesting to see these things form. Have not seen it on here yet myself but if the right item came up at the right price, I'd be in. For some reason it seems they do usually fizzle out. Even trying to get people to do a group fishing trip or something like that with close friends can be difficult.
Fisger8new
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fourth Gear [L3]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3 Vortec Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby esox07 » May 31 2016, 5:24pm

Deleted: Double post??????
Last edited by esox07 on May 31 2016, 5:26pm, edited 1 time in total.
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby esox07 » May 31 2016, 5:25pm

Yah, part of the problem is that a lot of times people want to know how others like the product before they put up their money. Then, there is the trust thing with giving your money to someone else. Also, it is just getting everyone on the same sheet of music all at the same time. And then there is is the buyer's remorse thing. With a group buy, it gives people that extra time to rethink the purchase after the initial excitement wears off.

Here is a link to that Android Head Unit group by that I mentioned in my previous post.
Group Buy-Eonon Hot Chevrolet & GMC GA5180F Android Car DVD
esox07
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Servicemen
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby Oscyjack » May 31 2016, 5:42pm

It is up to member(s) to get the interest up on certain options. If you are looking at a product, speak with the vendor regarding a group buy. If they like the idea you can push hit here and ask us to as well.
Oscyjack
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Topics: 66
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: LMM Duramax
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics