jQuery not supported.

New Silverado Problems

What problems have you had with your new Silverado?
Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

New Silverado Problems

Postby duane4238 [OP] » Mar 14 2020, 11:47pm

I have a 2018 Silverado 1500 extended 4x4. I talked my son-in-law into buying a 2019 Silverado similar to mine and he's had nothing but problems. He's had a few recalls and a few failure to start or run where it had to be towed in to the dealer for repair that took at least a day each time. None have been mechanical engine problems though. They've all been electronic/computer problems. It's to the point that he's now looking outside the Chevy/GMC line at other trucks. Has anyone else had problems with their new '19 or'20 Silverados? If so, what type of problems have you had?
Duane
Original Poster
duane4238
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 27
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Double Cab LT 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: New Silverado Problems

Postby adam86107 » Mar 15 2020, 1:47am

I've only had mine a few months and 22XX miles but I've had no problems with it. Hopefully, that doesn't change because I really like it.
adam86107
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 74
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2005
Extra Info: RST 5spd manual 4.8L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: New Silverado Problems

Postby zbkeebler » Mar 15 2020, 1:53am

I've been fighting a vibration that turned out to be bad tires. Also had a rear diff seal replaced. Other than that its been good. Hit 5200 miles this week.
zbkeebler
Staff Member
Staff Member
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2019
Extra Info: 1500 CC RST 5.3l
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Global moderators
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics