jQuery not supported.

Purchasing a new truck

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Purchasing a new truck

Postby Joeyj [OP] » Sep 15 2020, 3:45pm

I plan on purchasing a new Siverado 1500 in the next week or two. What are must have options and is one of the 8 different Silverado options more superior than the others? Any specs or opinions would be appreciate.

Thanks
Joey J
Original Poster
Joeyj
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Purchasing a new truck

Postby GOAT721 » Sep 15 2020, 4:02pm

how do you plan to use your truck? daily commuter only? daily commute and weekend warrior? hunting truck? towing? baja…

if you plan to do any towing, I suggest the integrated electronic brake controller. it may be standard by now.
2015, 1500, Z71, Crew Cab, 6'4" Bed
GOAT721
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 45
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 CCRB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Sep 15 2020, 4:06pm

Do your due diligence and research for your needs, and buy what you like.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

105,200 miles 9/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 94
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Joeyj [OP] » Sep 15 2020, 4:54pm

GOAT721 wrote:how do you plan to use your truck? daily commuter only? daily commute and weekend warrior? hunting truck? towing? baja…

if you plan to do any towing, I suggest the integrated electronic brake controller. it may be standard by now.

Daily driver, more of a pleasure truck. A tow a trailer a few times a year carrying a small tractor.
Joey J
Original Poster
Joeyj
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Joeyj [OP] » Sep 15 2020, 4:56pm

roorancher wrote:Do your due diligence and research for your needs, and buy what you like.

I get that and I will, didn’t really need that comment since it is a given. I’m looking for people with experience with this body style to get some insight to the good and bad.
Joey J
Original Poster
Joeyj
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Sep 15 2020, 5:15pm

Joeyj wrote:
roorancher wrote:Do your due diligence and research for your needs, and buy what you like.

I get that and I will, didn’t really need that comment since it is a given. I’m looking for people with experience with this body style to get some insight to the good and bad.

Well, there's ppl on this site with experience with the Silverado 1500 body style for thirty model years worth of trucks, maybe more. There's good and there's bad. Everyone's experience is going to be different, and you could potentially get thousands of different answers, that will just add to your confusion. You would be better suited to ask about the year model you intend to get, and anything specific that you like or don't like thus far in your looking.
Everyone will tell you that they don't like AFM, but that is something that can only be corrected aftermarket.
Personally, my two largest dislikes are that "cooled seats" were not standard on a cloth interiored "Texas Edition" truck, and that in the daylight hours the instrument panel lights are non-dimmable unless I throw something over the sensor. Two things that I cannot correct. From my perspective, I wouldn't own anything but a CCSB, but that's me, and since all the small mods I've made, I do love my truck.

Here's a link to a thread that gives you some idea of what guys habe done to make their truck "uniquely theirs." Since this post I have added some additional items.

What all we've done to our trucks

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

105,200 miles 9/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Topics: 94
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MMZ71 » Sep 15 2020, 5:26pm

LT trim has most of the things I like to have, but have been looking at Custom trim 2500s. I'm holding out til the end of the year, to see if they do any deep discounts.

According to a car dealer I've talked to, the virus has screwed up vehicle values right now, mainly used vehicles being inflated, but I've noticed none of the new cars are getting good discounts or incentives like before.

I say wait, watch inventory online, and see what happens. I spotted my current truck 9 months before I bought it, and used that as tool, to point out they've been sitting on it awhile. Plus by the time I got it, the next year models were coming out, so got it as a leftover on top of that.
MMZ71's 08 Sierra <---Traded
2016 Silverado 2500HD
1996 Chevy C3500
MMZ71
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: 2500 gasser
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Joeyj [OP] » Sep 15 2020, 6:00pm

Thank you, I do plan on buying a new truck. I have previously owned a 2012 and a 2018 Silverado. The new body styles just have so many different trim choices it makes the decision more difficult. I know that I do not want any chrome, I have also looked at the 2500s but they look really cheap inside or its 65k.
Joey J
Original Poster
Joeyj
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Sep 15 2020, 6:05pm

Go to a chevy dealer local to you and ask them to print you off the spec sheets for all of the trims so that you can go home and compare them. And look in all of the different ones they have on the lot. That is likely what I would do.
134,800 as of 9/22/20
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby Speed Nut » Sep 15 2020, 8:12pm

I just purchased a 2020 2500HD Z71/LT trim. I did my research, as you are doing, and couldn’t see paying for the LTZ or High Country trims and didn’t want or need what they offered. The Z71/LT trim has way more options than I need, but I wanted more than the work truck or custom offered.

Good luck on your hunt. I’m sure you’ll find the right truck for your needs.
Speed Nut
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 8
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2020
Variant: LT
Extra Info: 2500HD 6.6L V8 4X4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
Next

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics