jQuery not supported.

Some 2020 silverado/trailboss questions

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Re: Some 2020 silverado/trailboss questions

Postby thkbaron » Oct 10 2019, 2:07am

If I had a choice I'd get a R** right now. If you get a trailboss get a black one to hide the ugly body lines. The new rams look sharp without chrome and a small lift. The engines are way more powerful and the interiors are second to none. Honestly I've missed my R** every since I sold it. It look a lot of work to get my Silverado to the point where I was proud to drive it. Having said that if someone was giving away a free HEMI I'd toss in under my hood in a heartbeat.
2016 Silverado 1500 LT.
Black Rhino Sidewinder Wheels
33 12.5 20 Trail Grapplers
OE Style Bushwacker Flares; Fender Vents, Cognito UCA's, CST 4.5, Bilstein 5100s
Katzkin
RB20 Go Rhino Boards
Tune by LEW
thkbaron
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 71
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
First Responders
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Mistaare [OP] » Oct 10 2019, 2:32am

I test drove a Trail Boas today, the infotainment screen was really glitchy, it kept going to the rear view mirror. The sales man even said “I have no Idea why it’s doing that or how to stop it?”

I then went to check out a GMC Elevation and AT4. With the Elevation, the interior seemed much nicer to me, and the only differences was lift and rim/tires? The AT4 seemed like a completely different truck. Didn’t get a chance to test drive either of these yet. I know they are still GM, but the elevation is actually less expensive.
Original Poster
Mistaare
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 5
Year: 2020
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Terrain
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby mjrchabot » Oct 10 2019, 2:57am

Mistaare wrote:I test drove a Trail Boas today, the infotainment screen was really glitchy, it kept going to the rear view mirror. The sales man even said “I have no Idea why it’s doing that or how to stop it?”

I then went to check out a GMC Elevation and AT4. With the Elevation, the interior seemed much nicer to me, and the only differences was lift and rim/tires? The AT4 seemed like a completely different truck. Didn’t get a chance to test drive either of these yet. I know they are still GM, but the elevation is actually less expensive.

If you plan to do any mods, like rims/tires, lift, level, shocks, etc., then the Elevation package is the way to go if you ask me. Gives you the sportier mono-chromatic look, nice interior, and options for thousands cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mjrchabot
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2018
Variant: Hybrid
Extra Info: LT 5.3 eAssist 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Z71fan » Oct 25 2019, 2:00pm

I didn’t know you could get the rst with a z71 package. Learn something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Z71fan
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Mistaare [OP] » Oct 27 2019, 12:05am

Purchased an AT4 this week. So impressed with how it drives. I have noticed the interior fit’n finish isn’t isn’t what I would expect a 50k truck would be, but still pretty excited about it.
Original Poster
Mistaare
Year: 2020
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby mjrchabot » Oct 27 2019, 12:08am

Mistaare wrote:Purchased an AT4 this week. So impressed with how it drives. I have noticed the interior fit’n finish isn’t isn’t what I would expect a 50k truck would be, but still pretty excited about it.

Congrats! Pictures or it never happened... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mjrchabot
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Variant: Hybrid
Extra Info: LT 5.3 eAssist 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby JDubbs400 » Oct 29 2019, 5:25pm

I just picked up a 19 LT Trail Boss a few weeks ago and I love it. It's the 5.3 w/ 8 speed, convenience 1 & 2 (bucket seats, rear slider, etc). My old truck was a 17 Midnight Edition double cab with virtually the same bells and whistles plus a 2" Motofab level. I only have 650 miles on the new one, but so far I am loving it compared to my old one. The suspension seems more plush, seats are comfy, and the 8 speed seems a little more sure of itself after having the 6 speed in my old one. And it goes without saying, but these backseats are yuuuuuge lol. I have a 7x12 dual axle enclosed trailer (2000lbs empty) that I haul my bike in that I've only towed once with the new one, but it did as good of a job as the old one even with shorter gearing. Trailer brake on the right is nice too and so is the ability to remotely check all your trailer lights.

1st pic is day I got it.
2nd is after testing the 4x4
3rd is old vs newImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
2019 Silverado LT Trail Boss
Z71 5.3 V8
JDubbs400
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2019
Extra Info: LT Trail Boss 1500
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Badbird2000 » Oct 29 2019, 6:08pm

Z71fan wrote:I didn’t know you could get the rst with a z71 package. Learn something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think this is the package I like the best, honestly. Looks sharp. When I upgrade my 2012 in another couple of years, i'll shoot for this model.
Badbird2000
Topics: 46
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2012
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Badbird2000 » Oct 29 2019, 6:09pm

JDubbs400 wrote:I just picked up a 19 LT Trail Boss a few weeks ago and I love it. It's the 5.3 w/ 8 speed, convenience 1 & 2 (bucket seats, rear slider, etc). My old truck was a 17 Midnight Edition double cab with virtually the same bells and whistles plus a 2" Motofab level. I only have 650 miles on the new one, but so far I am loving it compared to my old one. The suspension seems more plush, seats are comfy, and the 8 speed seems a little more sure of itself after having the 6 speed in my old one. And it goes without saying, but these backseats are yuuuuuge lol. I have a 7x12 dual axle enclosed trailer (2000lbs empty) that I haul my bike in that I've only towed once with the new one, but it did as good of a job as the old one even with shorter gearing. Trailer brake on the right is nice too and so is the ability to remotely check all your trailer lights.

1st pic is day I got it.
2nd is after testing the 4x4
3rd is old vs newImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Great looking truck. I do really like the TB
Badbird2000
Topics: 46
Year: 2012
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby thkbaron » Oct 29 2019, 8:18pm

I would imagine the crew cab back seat seems big compared to the extended one. haha congrats!
2016 Silverado 1500 LT.
Black Rhino Sidewinder Wheels
33 12.5 20 Trail Grapplers
OE Style Bushwacker Flares; Fender Vents, Cognito UCA's, CST 4.5, Bilstein 5100s
Katzkin
RB20 Go Rhino Boards
Tune by LEW
thkbaron
Topics: 71
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
First Responders
TOTM Winner
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics