jQuery not supported.

Vehicle Identification Number - Decoder

compnine.com is no longer in service
Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Vehicle Identification Number - Decoder

Postby Jim08SLE [OP] » Nov 01 2011, 2:42pm

Compnine was a handy utility on the web to decode Vehicle Identification Numbers (among several other helpful things such as wiring schematics, parts lists, etc.).

All good things come to an end.

I am toying with selling my '08 SLE Ext Cab (I'll get to the "WHY?!?!" in a little bit) and wanted to provide a co-worker with a comprehensive list of features that my truck has. I grabbed my VIN and navigated to the compnine site and was presented with the following message:

compnine.com wrote:These types of announcements don't come easy, but effective immediately Comp Nine will be closing its doors permanently.
Thank you to everyone that helped keep the site going and for allowing Comp Nine to serve the community for so many years.

Please contact [email protected] if you have any immediate concerns.

Bummer! Now to the "WHY?!?!"

My brother-in-law just upgraded to a '09 Sierra SLT 2500HD with a Duramax... that puts his '08 Sierra SLT 6.0L on the market... :lol:

The wife said if I could sell my truck, we can buy her brother's.
Never forget the ones that got you there...you may need a ride back!
Original Poster
Jim08SLE
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2008
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE2 1500 Z71 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Vehicle Identification Number - Decoder

Postby DRK4X4 » Nov 01 2011, 5:55pm

Yeah that is a Bummer about compnine.
Well if you get his truck, you'll be Jim08SLT instead of Jim08SLE... :D
The 2nd Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security- NRA
DRK4X4
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 4x4 2500 6.0L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics