jQuery not supported.

What did you do to your rig today?

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Re: What did you do to your rig today?

Postby sixty4 » Sep 08 2019, 3:29am

How did you order this out? Just found it over on Amazon! Looks good!!!
sixty4
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 4 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 16
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby scottl » Sep 08 2019, 6:03am

Amzon
scottl
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

SIGH!!

Postby Used2baFordDrvr » Sep 08 2019, 6:50pm

SIGH! With great sadness, and a heavy heart, I dismounted the BAHA LTZ's on their summer wheels and installed the winter tires on the stock rims. Checked the brake linings, all good front and back including the emergency brake pads and brake lines. Adjusted tire pressures for winter wheeling and just generally wheeled around under the beast checking the undercarriage for loose pieces and parts.

Cheers boys and girls!

Mike
Used2baFordDrvr
Year: 2006
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 3500 6.0L V8 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EOD_arkie » Sep 08 2019, 8:17pm

Installed an AirRaid Modular tube today on my '17 Sierra 5.3. Followed some other advice on here, and opened up the factory airbox a little, installed a K&N, and this. MPG gained (if any) remains to be seen. Before and after:
Attachments
20190908_115511.jpg
20190908_122220.jpg
EOD_arkie
Topics: 1
Variant: Denali
Extra Info: 5.3L RWD Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby 1994Vmax » Sep 08 2019, 9:47pm

Changed oil in my 2005 and my 2017 Sierra's... both 6 liter trucks. I did both because I can't remember the last time I did either of them lol... I use good oil and filters and neither get driven a lot. I suspect it's over a year since I did the 05 last and it has accumulated less than 7000 miles since the last change. I was holding off as I need to pull the engine in the 05 but it can wait... it's just the o-ring on the oil pump pickup is getting bad and with it sitting outside and cold weather coming it takes it a while to build normal oil pressure. Now the 17 lives in a climate and moisture controlled environment and might have 3000 miles since the last change.. it's just time.

In saying that I ran out of oil while refilling... The 2017 never moves or runs anyway so it can sit short 2 quarts until I recieve a new supply.
1994Vmax
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Extra Info: 2500HD 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Chevrolado » Sep 08 2019, 11:53pm

Hep wrote:Just installed some LED back up and plate bulbs. Now just waiting on this to get delivered

Post up once you get that installed.. I ordered an LED 3rd brake light off amazon at one point, everything said it would fit my model and everything, fit turned out to be total junk.. couldn't get the gaskey to seal the body anywhere near good enough for my liking. I'd be curious if wherever you ordered this has one for mine too. :mrgreen: Hopefully yours works out well. Lookin forward to seeing it.
Chevrolado
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 6
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby quade » Sep 09 2019, 12:46am

I've probably said it before but it was that time of summer again my blowermotor resistor decided to die so I cleaned my blower motor out and got my 5th or 6th resistor and as always a simple job can never go smoothly and had to cut my knuckles with the melted connector

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
"American by birth, Southern by the grace of God"

Should've bought a V8
quade
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Shifting into First Gear [L3]
Topics: 100
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2003
Extra Info: 1500 SLE V8 Long bed
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Chevrolado » Sep 09 2019, 4:49am

Cleaned out my whole K&N intake.. I really just wanted to get the MAF out and clean it.. but that required taking the whole intake off, so I just cleaned everything out while it was out anyways. Gonna throw in some injector cleaner tomorrow with my tank fill up and we’ll see if she’s running any better through this next tank.

I’ve been noticing over the last two or three tanks, my consumption is dropping a little.. hoping to reverse the trend and steady it out.
Chevrolado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hep » Sep 09 2019, 11:26pm

Chevrolado wrote:
Hep wrote:Just installed some LED back up and plate bulbs. Now just waiting on this to get delivered

Post up once you get that installed.. I ordered an LED 3rd brake light off amazon at one point, everything said it would fit my model and everything, fit turned out to be total junk.. couldn't get the gaskey to seal the body anywhere near good enough for my liking. I'd be curious if wherever you ordered this has one for mine too. :mrgreen: Hopefully yours works out well. Lookin forward to seeing it.

This is the one I ordered. reviews sounded promising so hopefully it fits snug. Suppose to be here this week.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1
I know a lot about cars. I can look at a car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.-
Asking a stupid question is better than repairing a stupid mistake
Hep
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: Midnight Edition LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users
Servicemen

Postby Chevrolado » Sep 09 2019, 11:47pm

Cool. Hopefully so.

On topic; today I took apart my center console/glove box area trying to find the source of a bump rattle I have (only while driving and hittin bumps).. Its rattling against plastic - thats all I can hear. I did find a bundle of wires that looked like it possibly could've been doing it. Secured that better. So we'll see on my drive home from work if that was it or I'll need to spend some time diggin deeper in the dash. Fingers crossed..
Chevrolado
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics