jQuery not supported.

What's a good website to buy a truck from?

Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

What's a good website to buy a truck from?

Postby jars07 [OP] » Feb 23 2017, 6:24am

Hey all,
It's been a while since I've been on here but I'm back looking to sell my 14' sierra 2wd and get a used 2500 4x4. Do you guys have any recommendations for websites that have private partytrucks for sale besides Craigslist and the occasional listing on autotrader?
Thanks for your help!
Original Poster
jars07
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 14
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 5.3L Crew Cab Short
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: What's a good website to buy a truck from?

Postby jeverts » Feb 23 2017, 1:19pm

I've found several good deals on Craigslist, but besides that, Facebook has community sell group. Just search your city's name with "sell" or "sale or trade" and you should get a few that pop up. There are tons of cars and trucks on my local pages. Also, if you don't mind venturing onto a dealership lot, CarGuru is a pretty good site to look on. They compare the prices of their listings with comparable trucks in the area and to NADA and KBB values to let you know if it's a decent deal or not.
2014 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 5.3L
2004 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 5.3L
jeverts
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 48
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2004
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LT Z71 5.3L
Group Membership:
First Responders
Registered users

Re: What's a good website to buy a truck from?

Postby irish26 » Feb 25 2017, 5:40pm

I think CL is still king. But Facebook is getting popular. Look for Facebook groups that are dedicated to this stuff in your area. For example, here in Florida we have a Facebook group titled "Florida 4x4 Classifieds". All kinds of stuff shows up on there. A lot of junk but some good stuff too.
irish26
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics