jQuery not supported.

What I was told my truck is worth NOW

Want your thoughts on what a dealer told me my truck was worth.
Forum rules
This is NOT the place to post topics that could be better classified in another category. Please make every attempt to post in an appropriate category before posting here.

Re: What I was told my truck is worth NOW

Postby TJEli » Feb 15 2013, 6:20pm

You guys that list what you got for trade need to remember that there is a difference between what the dealer "shows" you for trade value and what they actually put into it. (ACV or actual cash value)

A dealer will not be in business very long if they put more than wholesale into a trade. It costs money (lots of it) to run a good dealership.

-Eli
2008 Silverado 2500HD
TJEli
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: HD 6.0
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby corvet3640 » Feb 15 2013, 6:31pm

Yup. It’s a numbers game. Figure out what it’s worth out of pocket to you to buy a different vehicle (with taxes title and fees) and stick to that number. If a dealer can’t meet it they won’t, just part ways and either wait or look for a new deal. And it is true, the dealer has to make money on the deal otherwise it would be a poor business model.
corvet3640
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 5.3L Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hitch » Feb 15 2013, 7:02pm

Want a good way to compare your truck value vs a 3/4ton, go back into my KKB link enter the same spec's of your truck just do it as a 3/4ton, use the 6.0L gas engine as the engine option since that is the standard engine.

You will be able to see how much more a 3/4 ton is worth over yours.

and actually the price difference to buy a 3/4 over a 1/2 is Very minimal, but you will get much more truck and a lot more come next trade in, you will lose mpg tho
Hitch [Ken]
Hitch
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 78
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2012
Extra Info: HD 2500 6.0L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Salsa » Feb 15 2013, 7:05pm

LOL that's crazy!!! I know I'm in Canada... but in 2011 when I bought my CrewCab, the dealer gave me 15,000$ for my 2007 N****n Pathfinder which had 95,000km on it and it needed 4 new tires, a full 4 wheel disc brake replacement and had a damaged front bumper...
2011 4x4 SLT Sierra Crewcab
2014 Jayco JayFlight 28BHBE
Salsa
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 20
Year: 2011
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT Crewcab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby TJEli » Feb 15 2013, 7:10pm

Salsa wrote:LOL that's crazy!!! I know I'm in Canada... but in 2011 when I bought my CrewCab, the dealer gave me 15,000$ for my 2007 N****n Pathfinder which had 95,000km on it and it needed 4 new tires, a full 4 wheel disc brake replacement and had a damaged front bumper...

Read my post at the top of this page....

-Eli
2008 Silverado 2500HD
TJEli
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: HD 6.0
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Uncategorized Truck Topics