jQuery not supported.

05Canuck's 17 High Country Build

This thing is nice!!
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: 05Canuck's 17 High Country Build

Postby roorancher » Oct 12 2019, 8:24pm

Daly wrote:I kinda agree with Harley on this one. I would have at least left the High Country badges.

Meh...Although my signature pic doesn't show it, I took my Texas Edition badges off that were about in the same place. I prefer the smooth look, not only that, but because of the way the badges are made, with numerous cutouts, dirt and road grime tends to collect within them and not only cause them to come loose, but the dirt acts like sandpaper on the paint.

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

116,630 miles 02/01/21

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 114
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby Daly » Oct 12 2019, 8:46pm

Texas edition vs. High Country is apple's to orange's.
Take the texas badge off, still looks like an LT. Take the High Country badge off and you downgraded to an LT look.
2020 Silverado Trail Boss - 6.2/10 speed.
Daly
Topics: 34
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2020
Variant: Trail Boss
Extra Info: 6.2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Oct 12 2019, 9:13pm

I like the badges but to be honest I'd take the Texas badge off.
I don't blame roo, I'd be too embarrassed to leave it on too.
Boomer!

17x9 +12 Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 28
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby 05Canuck [OP] » Oct 12 2019, 9:28pm

I'll post a pic when I get home of the giant square hunk of chrome that is the "High Country" It looks like a zit on a teenager's forehead. The 19's have a much more attractive badge. If it was similar I might have left it.
The grill and tails tell the story of what it is...plus I know what it is that's what matters.
1965 SS Impala 327 4spd
Original Poster
05Canuck
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2019
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: I jumped the fence
Group Membership:
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Oct 12 2019, 9:33pm

Your truck looked best as it was in your sig pic to be honest. Sometimes people go too far and can't stop themselves. When it looks its best it's time to stop or you start jumping the shark like Tracy's truck for instance. His truck was beautiful till he started adding light bars, disco lights etc.
Of course that is my opinion but then my opinion is the best one I know of.

17x9 +12 Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 » Oct 12 2019, 9:36pm

Plus the headlights and taillights seperate the LT and lower trucks from the LTZ and high country.

I definitely like the debadged look better. Much cleaner look than to have the model and trim level plastered on 3 sides of the truck haha
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 137
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby 05Canuck [OP] » Oct 12 2019, 9:46pm

SierraHarley wrote:Your truck looked best as it was in your sig pic to be honest. Sometimes people go too far and can't stop themselves. When it looks its best it's time to stop or you start jumping the shark like Tracy's truck for instance. His truck was beautiful till he started adding light bars, disco lights etc.
Of course that is my opinion but then my opinion is the best one I know of.

My truck looks it's best when I say it does...not when your opinion tells you to tell me when it does.
1965 SS Impala 327 4spd
Original Poster
05Canuck
Staff Member
Staff Member
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Oct 12 2019, 9:50pm

05Canuck wrote:
My truck looks it's best when I say it does...not when your opinion tells you to tell me when it does.

No sir everybody has a different opinion. Your truck looked best as is in your signature to me. If you like it how you have it that's great but people do have opinions and they like different things.

Not wanting to fight with you, just stating I liked how it looked before better.

Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby 05Canuck [OP] » Oct 12 2019, 9:59pm

SierraHarley wrote:
05Canuck wrote:

No sir everybody has a different opinion. Your truck looked best as is in your signature to me. If you like it how you have it that's great but people do have opinions and they like different things.

Not wanting to fight with you, just stating I liked how it looked before better.

No problem Terry..just telling you my opinion on your opinion of your opinion on my truck!
1965 SS Impala 327 4spd
Original Poster
05Canuck
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Oct 12 2019, 10:01pm

Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion