jQuery not supported.

19trax95's 2015 High Country Duramax

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: 19trax95's 2015 High Country Duramax

Postby jgraves » May 03 2021, 5:03am

I wish I had a bigger tank than the 26 gallon. 400 miles tops is not a lot on road trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jgraves
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » May 03 2021, 1:20pm

dang I could go almost two weeks without filling up with mpg like that vs the 4 days currently :lol:
147,000 as of 4/23/21
Diablew 89 tune~Halo Lifts Coilovers (2 1/2")+1 1/2" Zone Body lift~RC Forged UCAs~Carven TR~4.56/Eaton Truetrac~285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks~Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sanders
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » May 05 2021, 12:54am

Really pleased with how the coilovers handle the rough stuff. Still know your in an HD truck, but compared to the torsion bars, they are way better. I do want to do some tuning to them still. The low speed seems about right. High speed could perhaps be softened up a touch.

The tires are doing just fine. I have them dropped down to around 27psi or so. In the super deep and soft sand like on the ramps, it definitely could be dropped to around 20psi and I think it would go anywhere.

But most of the sand isn't too terribly soft so I kept them at around 27. ImageImage
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 140
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Year: 2015
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » May 05 2021, 12:57am

What part of the Outer Banks are you at? I really like the Corolla area with the wild horses. I drove my daughters Yukon on the beach there looking for the wild horses and it was nice. One day I'll have to drive down there with my truck, only a couple hours away.

You have to pay to park on the beach now don't you, but what about just driving on it? It says for Corolla beach it is $50 for a 10-day parking pass (valid for 10 consecutive days) and $150 for a Seasonal pass.

17x9 +12 Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab 2" level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 28
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » May 05 2021, 1:02am

Currently I'm down in Frisco. Been out on ramps 48 and 49 so far. Tomorrow I'll be going up to ramp 38 to give that a try.

But normally I go to Corolla. That's where I went the past few years. Figured I'd try something different this year. I found a house that was nice and great priced.

I'll be back in Carova out on the 4x4 Beach in August this year as well.

As far as the beach parking/driving. For the 4x4 beach in Corolla/Carova, you need a parking pass to park on the beach from memorial day to labor day. You can drive up and down all you want without having to pay. It's $50 for a 10 day pass.

For the hatteras sea shore driving, you need a pass to drive on any of the beaches south of nags head, and that's year round. Not all the ramps are open year round, but most are. It's also $50 for a 10 day pass.
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Years of membership: 9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » May 05 2021, 1:13am

My wife worked with a woman at the hospital who owned a house down in Corolla. She would let us stay for $25 a person per day there and we loved it. She ended up moving into the house permanently so we miss staying there on some weekends.
We loved to eat at Art's Place right on Virginia Dare Trail in Kitty Hawk. In fact I think I'll see if the wife wants to stop by there Sunday after we visit her mom down in North Carolina this weekend for Mother's Day.

When I first moved to Virginia in the early 90s my wife had me drive down to Outer Banks and it was basically just beach down there and houses. Not many businesses at all. It has really changed.

17x9 +12 Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab 2" level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X Premium* DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 28
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » May 05 2021, 1:22am

Yeah kitty hawk, kill devil hills, and nags head are pretty busy with people and businesses.

Corolla is more laid back which is nice.

I like the more "nature" that's down around Salvo, Avon, Buxton, Frisco and Hatteras. Less businesses, less crowed, and a relaxed atmosphere.

I like it down here though. Love to own a house here some day, but I'd have to do the rental thing since there's not many jobs in my field down here that are within reasonable travel distance.
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby steelgreenz71 » May 05 2021, 2:59am

I’m down there at least twice a year as well. Always rent a house in Hatteras in August and usually stay at Breakwater Inn in Hatteras or Lighthouse View Motel in Buxton between Christmas and New Years. It’s nice in winter in that you can get on the beach in Buxton and drive all the way to the Hatteras inlet. Check out Tavern On 12 in Frisco for some awesome local seafood as well as NC beer.
steelgreenz71
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 11
Year: 2011
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Extended cab 5.3 LT2
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » May 05 2021, 3:03am

Yup tavern 12 is just around the corner from the house I'm at. Been a nice full house the past couple of nights. I'll have to give it a try one night this week.
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby steelgreenz71 » May 05 2021, 3:18am

Dinky’s in Hatteras is also an excellent place to eat. A little more expensive than Tavern On 12 but really good food. Lee Robinson’s general store in Hatteras is a good spot for ice and beer and groceries (they sell things in small bottles and boxes perfect size for on vacation). If you have time take the ferry to Ocracoke island. 1718 Brewery over there has some good brews and food. Pelican Roost tackle in Hatteras is good for bait. The guys in there always have good info on what fish are running.
steelgreenz71
Topics: 11
Year: 2011
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Extended cab 5.3 LT2
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion