jQuery not supported.

19trax95's 2015 High Country Duramax

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: 19trax95's 2015 High Country Duramax

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » Feb 05 2020, 7:48pm

Depending on the company I go with it's either going to be candy red, if I go with HSP, or illusion cherry if I go with WC fab.

I prefer the hsp air box better since it is somewhat shielded from the under hood heat. And would be easy to completely seal it. And it comes with literally everything except a down pipe.

The WC fab kit has the nicer color (illusion cherry) but has a open filter and doesnt come with the coolant tank, or up pipes. It does include a down pipe though.

I am leaning towards hsp just due to it being a one and done kit essentially. But the price definitely does reflect that.

In reality all I need is the Y bridge, and passenger side up pipe. That would get rid of the egr system without needing block off plates. But since everything needs to come off anyway for the cp3 conversion, I may as well do it all at once as put the nice stuff back on. Image
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 130
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Feb 05 2020, 8:44pm

but getting the y bridge and up pipe and not doing the rest would just seem out of place. I haven't ever priced out the difference between the two, considering I didn't know HSP existed. I always here of WC being plugged by the youtube and instagram people. You couldn't get the pieces raw from HSP and get them done in illusion cherry, or have them do that custom color for the extra $100?

The intake on the HSP is much nicer looking though
ImageImage

Diablew 89 tune--Halo Lifts Coilovers (3") + 1 1/2" Zone Body lift--Rough Country Forged UCAs--Carven TR muffler
4.56 gears/Eaton Truetrac--285/75r17 Falken Wildpeaks--Deaver mini pack
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 53
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2009
Variant: LT
Extra Info: CCSB 1500 5.3L 2WD
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » Feb 05 2020, 9:05pm

The wc fab kit is about $1700 and the HSP is $2300. But by the time you make both kits equal in the parts they come with, they both end up about the same.

I could ask HSP if they can do the illusion cherry, but I want to say that's a wc fab color since they call it "wc fab red". I'll shoot them an email and ask though.
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby CritterGitter » Feb 05 2020, 9:13pm

Its too bad you didn't have this stuff installed by the time the big Harrisburg, PA Outdoor Show rolled around.... I would have liked to have seen either of those kits on your rig in person.
CritterGitter
Shifting into Third Gear [L3]
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2011
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » Feb 05 2020, 9:16pm

I'll be at the outdoor show Saturday.

But the motor is still boring looking Haha. Sounds like a million bucks but looks stock.
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Feb 05 2020, 9:16pm

It’s Harrisburg. I’m sure you won’t be able to throw a beer can and not hit a dmax with those mods in the parking lot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 99
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2017
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby CritterGitter » Feb 05 2020, 9:20pm

Lol, Mike... No doubt there but I'm not one to waltz up to randoms asking to check out their rig.

Eric, I will be there as well. Should be up shortly after they open the doors on Saturday. I think Vince is gonna be slightly later than that. Looking forward to meeting you guys.
CritterGitter
Topics: 4
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » Feb 05 2020, 9:30pm

Yeah I'll be there before they open probably. Got friends coming from Ohio with me as well.
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » Feb 06 2020, 12:27am

Ok so HSP does do illusion cherry. Its literally the 2nd choice listed under their custom color list Haha.

So more likely than not I'll go with the HSP bundle. I'll add a 3" down pipe and then everything intake and exhaust wise will be changed except for the manifolds and turbo.

I am sort of dreading the up pipe bolts. They never seem to want to come out nicely. I'm going to start spraying they with some kroil once or twice a week until I do the project. In spring. With any hope that will help them come out. The turbo pedestal bolts are a pain to get at but I should be able to spray them from the fenders with the liners partially removed.
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 [OP] » Feb 08 2020, 10:54pm

Had another duramax to work on today. My friend from Ohio came out and brought her 07 for me to do a little work on.

Nothing major. Just took the fender flares off, leveled the mirrors and did a mini norcal to help gain some clearance for the wheel and tire combo. Also gave it a quick foam bath ImageImageImageImage
Original Poster
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users
PreviousNext