jQuery not supported.

[email protected]'s 2002 Silverado

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

AJ's Build Thread 2002 Red Silverado........... Pictures!!!!

Postby [email protected] [OP] » Sep 03 2013, 3:45pm

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend, I know I did and I have pictures to prove it! Saturday Morning woke up early to install the Traxda lift kit which brings the front up 2.5" and the rear 1". I actually didn't install the rear block as I wanted to keep the truck level and get rid of the rake. I took a few pictures along the way, if you have any questions about the installation process please let me know. If you are looking to purchase this kit shoot me a PM and I'll get you set up right away, it's a great kit and very easy on the wallet. Enjoy!

With the wheel off and the truck securely resting on jack stands you can get to work
Remove the shock, one Nut on top and two bolts on the bottom, Make sure to keep the bushings together
Unbolt the Sway Bar from the control arm, I had to secure the Nut on top with a set of vice-grips to keep it from spinning
Remove the nut and bolt from the control arm, before you do this however place the jack under the control arm and give it a couple of pumps to release some of the tension on the spring. Be careful this step was a little nerve racking, the smarter idea would probably be renting a spring compressor.
Remove the spring, with the Coil Spring Insulator still in place let the leveling spacer on top and reinstall everything.

* One important step which I did not photograph was installing the pacer on the shock. Before reinstalling the shock a spacer is placed on the upper shock stud below the bushings.

The hardest part of the install was getting the control arm back in place, it took two people (thanks dad!) and a lot of patience and a few bloody knuckles. Again I really believe a spring compressor would have made this job a lot easier. The results were great though, the truck now sits very level and the ride is pretty close to factory. After the install I took the truck over to Discount Tires and had them install a set of Falken 285/75/16, truck looks great and am so happy with the results. The whole process took about 3 hours, which is what I was expecting.

Again, here is the link to the Traxda kit http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/75A5218A0A0.aspx , and here is the link to their website for more information. http://traxda.com/

Less then a month ago, when I first purchased it
After leveling kit
Level kit and tires!
Last edited by AutoAnything on Sep 03 2013, 3:59pm, edited 1 time in total.
SPAG'S GARAGE eBay Store
Follow us on FaceBook
Message for Forum Discount!
Original Poster
[email protected]
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 4.8L 2x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: AJ's Build Thread 2002 Red Silverado........... Pictures

Postby Scooter394 » Sep 03 2013, 3:48pm

Truck looks great AJ!
2007.5 CC 1500 Z71
Hypertech Programmer
Lou's Custom Exhaust 1 into 2 turn down
Scooter394
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 16
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2007
Extra Info: 2007.5 CC 1500 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby [email protected] » Sep 03 2013, 4:04pm

Looking great AJ!! I recently purchased a K2500 4x4 and I think I would like to do some low budget mods such as a leveling kit, maybe some plasti-dip, and improve the sound system a bit too! Its cool to see that with some elbow grease and a few bucks you can make some great improvements on your own! Keep up the good work buddy! :D
Sales / Customer Service
810.392-9999
http://www.ColdAirInductions.com
http://www.facebook.com/coldairinductions "Like" us on Facebook - Monthly Giveaways!!
[email protected]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 5 pistons [L2]
Topics: 31
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby alvaro24 » Sep 03 2013, 4:20pm

hey yall.. AJ i like the color on your truck, i have one the same but diff color of course. im getting started on it this weekend i am just waiting till it comes out of the paint shop. im going to add tires lift kit 6" and some steps. ill post pics of the truck once its done at the paint shop.
alvaro24
Year: 2000
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 1500 4.8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 05sierra1500 » Sep 03 2013, 8:11pm

Very nice !!! Truck looks sharp man!
Flowmaster 10 series, single in dual out, Volant Cold air intake, 2in leveling kit, 265-70-17 Toyo AT's, Eagle Alloy's and more to come!
05sierra1500
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 78
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2005
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2wd 5.3L slt
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MikesZ71 » Sep 03 2013, 10:03pm

Wow very nice, and good write up! Truck is lookin good!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
2011 ECSB Silverado, appearance package, sheer silver metallic, RC 3.5 premium kit, 275 70 18's, 18x9 Moto Metal 962's 0 Offset, GMPP sport muffler, Spectre CAI, range device, RK Sport R** air hood
MikesZ71
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 51
Year: 2011
Extra Info: ECSB z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby [email protected] [OP] » Sep 03 2013, 10:22pm

Thanks guys! Here is the cost so far on this truck, again it's a $7,000 build including the cost of the truck.
SPAG'S GARAGE eBay Store
Follow us on FaceBook
Original Poster
[email protected]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 05sierra1500 » Sep 04 2013, 1:22am

i vote for plasti dipping the wheels!
Flowmaster 10 series, single in dual out, Volant Cold air intake, 2in leveling kit, 265-70-17 Toyo AT's, Eagle Alloy's and more to come!
05sierra1500
Topics: 78
Year: 2005
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: 2wd 5.3L slt
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hd-dude » Sep 04 2013, 3:39am

Lookin good AJ!
What's next with the build balance?
Hd-dude
Topics: 8
Year: 2013
Extra Info: Quad cab LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby [email protected] [OP] » Sep 04 2013, 6:30pm

I thought about plasti dipping the wheels and decided against it until my brother mentioned spraying them in a gun metal gray. Still trying to figure out if that's what I want to do.I would really like to put a set of Husky liners in or use that money towards a Napier Sportz Tent http://www.autoanything.com/truck-tents/napier-sportz-truck-tent-57-series. I had one for my ck1500 and loved it!
SPAG'S GARAGE eBay Store
Follow us on FaceBook
Original Poster
[email protected]
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion