jQuery not supported.

BartmanJax's 2002 Silverado Refurb

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: BartmanJax's 2002 Silverado Refurb

Postby BartmanJax [OP] » May 16 2017, 2:13pm

kxcrazy wrote:Looks awesome!

Can you post the link to where you purchased the chrome front bumper and the Onstar antenna?

Thanks!

The bumper I had to get from my local dealer. Fortunately, I had a connection so I got it for 10% over cost ($303.80) I initially ordered it from CarPartsWarehouse on eBay! and got the Chinese knockoff. It was terrible quality and wasn't close to being the right bumper.

The OnStar antenna I got from Amazon.com.
Original Poster
BartmanJax
Firing on 7 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LT 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BartmanJax [OP] » May 16 2017, 2:33pm

silentbravo wrote:Very interested in how those LEDs last. You should keep us up to date on them. I did find some that look just like those on ebay, by searching "9005 led phillips zes" Around $70 for a pair it looks like. I'm pretty happy with my current lights, but may add these to wishlist since they are plug and play.

The ones in my bike, they're H4's, I've had for just over 19 months. They've been to Alaska and back (I got them before I went there last year) and they've been perfect. I was out in the truck the other night, way up in Callahan, FL on some of the back roads where it's pitch black (no street lights) and they worked great. If they last like the ones in the bike, I'll be very happy.
Original Poster
BartmanJax
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BartmanJax [OP] » May 21 2017, 3:33pm

Recently, when trying to start the truck, I would turn the engine over and when it used to start right away, now it was taking 2-3 seconds and sometimes, I would have to try starting the truck twice. It was getting a little irritating. A friend who has a 2001 told me it was the fuel pressure regulator.

Taking his advice, I ordered this one from Amazon.com and followed the instructions in this YouTube video. And it worked perfectly. Less than 5 minutes to do the change.

I didn't take a picture of the old regulator but here is the new one installed. If you're having issues with the truck not starting immediately, give this a try. I was happily surprised is was such a simple fix.

Original Poster
BartmanJax
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby nealinator » May 21 2017, 7:45pm

Just did a read though your build Bart. Very nice looking truck. So much work. Will be interested in watching more fixes and changes.
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain   185,332 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Postby BartmanJax [OP] » Mar 11 2018, 2:45am

silentbravo wrote:Very interested in how those LEDs last. You should keep us up to date on them. I did find some that look just like those on ebay, by searching "9005 led phillips zes" Around $70 for a pair it looks like. I'm pretty happy with my current lights, but may add these to wishlist since they are plug and play.

Just a quick update on the LED's lights...they still working perfectly. I've had a lot of questions and comments on their look and brightness. Glad I made the investment.
Original Poster
BartmanJax
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BadChevyZ-71 » Apr 10 2018, 1:59am

Just read all 8 pages. Great build so far! I'll definitely be checking back for updates. What's next for it? Where you located in Jax? I'm over towards the beaches.
01' Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71
37" Toyo MTs, 17" Incubus Wheels, 6" Pro-Comp, 3" Body Lift, Bilstein 5100, Flowmaster, K&N Filter, NFab Nerf Bars, Cobra 29 CB with 102" Whip, 04' Tahoe Full Center Console, Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Transgo HD2 Shift Kit, Corvette Servo...
BadChevyZ-71
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 5 cylinders [L1]
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: Z-71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BartmanJax [OP] » Apr 10 2018, 4:25pm

BadChevyZ-71 wrote:Just read all 8 pages. Great build so far! I'll definitely be checking back for updates. What's next for it? Where you located in Jax? I'm over towards the beaches.

Not sure there is a next. She's pretty much done and lives in the garage and ventures out from time to time. If I were to do anything, it might be a front end lift kit to make it sit more "level." Other than that, she's perfect the way she is.

I'm in Oakleaf Plantation...on the west side.
Original Poster
BartmanJax
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BartmanJax [OP] » Jul 01 2018, 2:21pm

It's been about a year and a half since I completed the "ConsTRUCKsion" of the truck and recently, I decided I wanted to do something to "upgrade" the look.

Back when I was doing the refurb, I got my OEM rims powder coated. And they looked great. But my thoughts kept wandering back to the American Racing AR893 wheels, so I pulled the trigger.

I got the Tornador Z-011 Foam Cannon and last night (and early this morning), I put a it to good use and got her all cleaned up. The recent rains here in Florida prevented me from washing her for the past 6 weeks or so.

Here are some pics of her with her new shoes and a little short video on the foam cannon.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3r2uZBY7Cs[/youtube]
Original Poster
BartmanJax
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 05Canuck » Jul 01 2018, 2:27pm

This is a true "build" thread. Great job man! She looks nice and shiny!!
1965 SS Impala 327 4spd
05Canuck
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 55
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2019
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: I jumped the fence
Group Membership:
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby BartmanJax [OP] » Mar 26 2020, 12:33am

05Canuck wrote:This is a true "build" thread. Great job man! She looks nice and shiny!!

Thank You!

Sorry to take so long to respond. I had pretty much given up hope fixing this thread going back and forth with my server host. FINALLY, TODAY, almost two years later, they finally addressed the issue on their end so the images now appear in the thread.

To those that might be interested, she still looks as good today as she did after all the work I did three years ago. She just has a few more miles on her. About the only thing new I have done is install a new OEM "high mount" stop light and new (not OEM) headlight lenses. They're Dorman lenses I got from Amazon. They suck as do most Dorman products. Guess it's time to bite the bullet and get OEM lenses. :|

And yes, the LED headlight bulbs are working great.
Original Poster
BartmanJax
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion