jQuery not supported.

bbrozio's 2001 Silverado 1500HD

Truck Build on a 2wd Silverado 1500HD
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: bbrozio's 2001 Silverado 1500HD

Postby zachfletch573 » Oct 07 2015, 2:16am

Those LED's look good, I used to have a 1500HD. I Loved it!

2017 Silverado - SOLD ZachFletch573's 2017 Silverado

2009 Silverado -SOLD ZachFletch573's 2009 Chevy Silverado

2002 Silverado 1500HD - SOLD ZachFletch573's 2002 Silverado
zachfletch573
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 9
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2017
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: SS [Super Stock] LOL
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby bbrozio [OP] » Oct 07 2015, 12:00pm

zachfletch573 wrote:Those LED's look good, I used to have a 1500HD. I Loved it!

Thanks! Yeah I love my 1500hd. I see Silverados all day but its rare to see a 1500hd where I live.
2001 Silverado 1500HD LS
V8 6.0L
170k miles and counting
Original Poster
bbrozio
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 1500HD LS
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby bbrozio [OP] » Oct 14 2015, 12:16am

Another week down and another update on the truck. Nothing flashy this week. Got to borrow a garage for a night so was able to get a few things I've been wanting to for a while off my list.

Started shopping around for some new headlights. Found a set that came with headlights, bumper lights, and brake lights. Unfortunately they sold out before I could get my hands on them. $200 was a hell of a deal I thought. I think they would have looked nice on my truck.

Anyways on to the completed stuff

Noticed a bit of truck cancer on my hood a while back. Been waiting for a nice night with little wind to get it painted. Got it taped off, sanded down, sprayed with some zinc oxide, primed, and painted in under 2 hours. Time was a concern so didn't snap too many pictures during the process. Just got a few from when I got ready to start and with the first coat of paint.

Paint applied!!!!

Was going to use some clear coat but was down to one can and running low on time. Clear coat hopefully getting done this week.

Next afternoon got a chance to peel up the bed rail caps. They were about half way flapping going 50 the other day. Figured it's time to take care of that. Used a hair dryer to loosen up the glue and some 30lb test fishing string to break it loose. Then it was just peeling it back, cleaning with some alcohol, and reapplying the adhesive and caps.

They were pretty nasty underneath.

Didn't take many before pictures of all the plastic on the truck. Since it was clean decided to do some wipenew. That stuff is definitely worth giving a try. Only got a picture of the spare tire lock cap at the moment, I'll get more pictures of the rest of the plastic soon.

That's all I got for now. Hopefully get around to finish the clear coat and some pictures of that on here. Next up will hopefully be some new lights or a diy bedliner.
2001 Silverado 1500HD LS
V8 6.0L
170k miles and counting
Original Poster
bbrozio
Topics: 6
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 1500HD LS
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion