jQuery not supported.

BigElli04's 2002 Silverado build

2002 Silverado Z71
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

BigElli04's 2002 Silverado build

Postby BigElli04 [OP] » Jul 01 2015, 5:57pm

Hello all:

My name is Brian, I'm 23 and haven't been on here for a while as I've been busy, but along with that my truck has seen some upgrades. I live in Northwest Ohio, so I had some slow progress with the winter, but this summer everything is starting to come together. I bought the truck in June of last year with 73,000 miles on it (hard to pass up) and immediately put new exhaust on. A shop by my house was running a great deal for a Cherry Bomb performance exhaust, thought I would try it out and if I didn't like it I could cut it out and throw a Flowmaster in, to my surprise I love the way it sounds so I probably won't be changing it for a while.

IMG_0441.JPG

Dual chrome tips with a Cherry Bomb performance exhaust, 45 degree angled tips

IMG_0353.JPG

After winter was over, I decided to go to my bread and butter and install a 4" Soundstream head unit and CDT component 6.5" speakers. The plan for the speakers is to take the mesh covers and fiberglass them, then paint match them to the truck. That is a work in progress at the moment.

The week after that was done, I had a shop install a 6" Rough Country lift with 325/65R/18 Toyo Open Country Extremes with 18" Moto Metal MO962's....seem to be pretty popular the more I look around. I added 2" spacers to the back to compensate for the front after being lifted, and the stance is incredible. I couldn't be happier

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1887.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

As of now I have a DeeZee tailgate assist, 20" LED bar, black bull bar and Halo headlights sitting in my room which will be installed this Friday, more to come as I keep getting the urge to order new parts!
Original Poster
BigElli04
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 7
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LS 5.3L V8 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: BigElli04's 2002 Silverado build

Postby fpab7 » Jul 02 2015, 4:26am

Looks great! Nice to see another 02 show up. Looking forward to your progress.
fpab7
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 12
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby semicrazy » Jul 02 2015, 1:45pm

Truck looks good
semicrazy
Topics: 87
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2008
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 6.0L 4x4 LT crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby BigElli04 [OP] » Jul 08 2015, 2:40pm

Got to tackle the front of the truck over the weekend. Was able to install my SMD Halo headlights, TMH LED bar, R&L Racing Bull Bar, DeeZee tailgate assist (best purchase ever) and a rocker switch for my LED bar that became quite the PITA. On to the pictures...

Box of goodies
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

LED bar on the bull bar
FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Front end after everything installed
FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Night shot at school
FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Full shot at school
FullSizeRender (4).jpg

Next is to finish off the interior with some fiberglasses/paint matched door panels and under seat subwoofer box with either 3 8" DC Sound Labs subs or 2 10" DC Sound Labs subs. I also need to get a tool box and some new LED tail lights at some point. The headlight kit came with LED fog lights but they're probably gonna be back up lights instead because they are way too small to mount in the fog light area
Original Poster
BigElli04
Topics: 7
Extra Info: 1500 LS 5.3L V8 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion