jQuery not supported.

DanU's Truck Build

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

DanU's Truck Build

Postby DanU [OP] » Oct 27 2018, 3:02am

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS 4x4. I bought it on 12/31/2015 and have done quite a few things to it so far. I did all the work myself except for the tires and the bed liner. I probably should have just hired people to install everything, but I guess I am just too thrifty(yeah, cheap) and it probably saved me at least $5K.

Installed:
-Pioneer AVH-4200-NEX Stereo
-Infinity Reference 6500CX
-Infinity Reference 6502ix
-Sound insulation in doors
-Rockford Fosgate R400 4-channel Amp
-10" Rockville 800 Watt powered subwoofer
-Backup camera
-Pop & Lock Automatic Tailgate Lock
-Tailgate assist
-Line-X bed liner
-Heated seat
-Tonno Pro Tonneau cover(replaced)
-Raider Canopy
-Canopy LED lights with lighted push button switch and pin switch that turns on when the tailgate is lowered
-Falken Wildpeak A/T tires 275/60R20
-Tow mirrors
-Bull Rings
-K&N Air Filter
-Husky floor liners. My boot wore a hole in the stock vinyl floor in front of the accelerator pedal after about a year and a half.
-Replaced stock antenna with 8" stubby. I never listen to the radio, so I don't know if it works well. Also, apparently my antenna connector is an oddball size. When I installed my new stereo, I bought the listed adapter for it and it didn't quite fit. Trimming the plastic didn't help. I ordered a second one thinking that I got a bad one the first time, but the second one didn't fit either. I think I finally got it hooked up, but it is barely connected.
-Rancho Quicklift RS9000XL Adjustable Shocks with a 2" front level - Replaced the shocks somewhere around the 40,000 mile mark. The stock shocks are garbage and the rear driver-side shock had already failed with zero off-roading.
-Plasti-dipped the front and back emblems. This is the first mod I did and, surprisingly, is still my favorite. It still looks great after almost 3 years.

Still to do:
-I bought an auto start, but I lost a wire that connects to the OBD Sensor so I haven't installed it yet. I'll get to it eventually and either buy a new connector or make something myself that works.
-I previously had bought and installed some step rails, but they cracked the sheet metal where they connect to the frame and I kept hearing a tinny, metal on metal sound every time I went over a bump, so I removed them. My father-in-law welded a new plate for the drivers side, but a few months later the passenger side cracked. I'll see if he can fix the passenger side as well. My wife and 5-year-old constantly complain that it is difficult getting into the truck.
-The heated seat stopped working a few months ago. I narrowed down the problem to the heating pad itself. I only installed the heating element on the backrest to soothe my back on long rides, so I just need to pull the seat, peel back the cover and replace it. It's not hard, but it is a little bit of a pain in the @#$.

New
3 years later
Stubby antenna
Plasti-dipped emblem and backup camera
Stereo
Amp and Subwoofer installed behind the rear seat
Insulated door
Infinity tweeter in door
Falken tires
Canopy. $500 craigslist buy. I liked the look of the tonneau cover better, but the canopy just makes everything so much easier.
LED lights, LED light switch, Bull Rings, Line-X. I still have a little bit of cleaning up to do with the wiring. The lights are very bright and work great.
The pin switch in the tailgate well. LED lights ground wire is connected to it, so it grounds the lights when the tailgate is lowered and turns the lights on.
Little trick I came up with to keep my pole out of the way
DeeZee tailgate assist. Eases the tailgate down nice and gentle. Well worth $25.
2015 Silverado 1500 4x4 LS
Original Poster
DanU
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 18
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 LS 5.3L V8 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: DanU's Truck Build

Postby OverlordSpock » Oct 28 2018, 1:48am

Some cool modifications there. I'm not one for a canopy, but I agree with you that it's probably more convenient.
OverlordSpock's 2016 Silverado LTZ Double-Cab
SOLD 2014 Silverado LTZ Double-Cab
SOLD 2008 Silverado LTZ Extended Cab
SOLD 1998 Silverado Extended Cab Sport Side
OverlordSpock
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 15
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 LTZ 5.3L
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Re: DanU's Truck Build

Postby DanU [OP] » Oct 29 2018, 3:53am

Thanks. I still have a lot to do. I still have to add my autostart, reinstall the step rails, connect the canopy brake light(not sure how to do this without it blinking with the turn signals. Maybe connect it to the tow brake wire?) and replace the heated seat pad. When my son is out of the car seat, I am going to install some underseat storage. My wife has banned me from working on my truck for awhile, so after the step rails I probably won't do anything until spring.
2015 Silverado 1500 4x4 LS
Original Poster
DanU
Topics: 18
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 1500 LS 5.3L V8 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users