jQuery not supported.

EaOutlaw1969’s 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 build

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: EaOutlaw1969’s 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 build

Postby SierraHarley » Jun 21 2020, 5:32pm

Huh? What were they trying to steal? They wanted to install lights.
I would be more mad about the fact you need their permission on how your truck can look.
No idea why anyone would live somewhere with an HOA treating them like children telling them what they can and cannot have and not helping pay for the mortgage.

Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X * DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 28
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLE 4x4 5.3L
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jun 21 2020, 6:20pm

SierraHarley wrote:Huh? What were they trying to steal? They wanted to install lights.
I would be more mad about the fact you need their permission on how your truck can look.
No idea why anyone would live somewhere with an HOA treating them like children telling them what they can and cannot have and not helping pay for the mortgage.

They wanted to take away my inexpensive light fixture that I purchased and has been the mandatory standard fixture since the community was built replacing it with an elaborate light that requires a very expensive bulb that could not be purchased anywhere but by the installer and the installer would not even sell us the bulbs! he would only sell you a bulb when his company got the service call to replace it at a 100 dollar charge plus the way over priced bulb of $120 dollars a piece which could go up in price any time.

This would be OK if it was brought up for a vote and approved by the majority of the Homeowners and each home owner paid for their light fixture and the bulb was a standard bulb that could be picked up anywhere. They skipped that process losing the community $15,000 dollars that they put down on the project. So yeah I was pissed.

How would you like it if someone said they did not like your front door and just came on your property to change it without your permission now the new door has a yearly payment attached to it ? That is exactly what they wanted to do.

The anti truck by-laws I cannot complain about it because it was the rule when I moved in, any Bylaw anyone does not like or agree with it just takes a petition signed by over 50 % of the community then that rule can be voted to get changed. If the vote passes it is the new standard.

But in no way will I ever approve community money to be spent of homeowners personal property, they get way too spend happy resulting in higher dues.
Especially when they neglect safety items that could result in a major law suit. Like our many ponds that have severe erosion damage caused by no maintenance illegal killing of vegetation on the banks, stocking ponds with the wrong type of fish, allowing fishing at these banks,etc all resulting in major land loss and dangerous steep banks where someone could fall in the water and if they are alone they could not get back out.

The Last HOA that is close to us was effected by a lawsuit State fines and the cost of restoration of their ponds cost them millions of dollars when a maintenance program done a little each year would have not been an issue. we are next in line and all it would take is one call to code enforcement from a disgruntle home owner that gets one final dig in after they sell their house.

Most people here are like sheep and are willing to go with the flow not realizing what they are giving up by not speaking up.
My single voice and complaint was enough to stop the lighting project, They make sure to bring it up at every meeting.

I am sure If I wanted my truck to have a light bar and show bar plus a push bar like the truck I showed that earlier picture of I could get it approved and get the bylaw changed but I am not willing to go through the hassle for something I am not even sure I want or could afford any time soon.
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 11
Variant: LS
Extra Info: 5.3 Flex
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Jun 21 2020, 8:01pm

I doubt they would have stolen it, just replaced it. If you asked for your light back I'm sure they would have given it to you. I don't think I've ever seen a $120 bulb except for a projector bulb but I haven't seen the ones you are talking about either.
Like I said, I have no idea why anyone would live somewhere with an HOA treating them like children telling them what they can and cannot have and not helping pay for the mortgage.

Vision Manic wheels * BFG KO2 265/70/17E * Motofab level * Diablew * iboards * Extang trifold signature
35% autobahn black * W/T mud flaps * Line-X * DD SL1 headlights * E2 catch can * GMC floor liners
Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby nealinator » Jun 21 2020, 8:15pm

Never heard of an HOA being able to tell you what sort of vehicle is allowed or style or add ons. We do have restrictions on commercial vehicles. And people are not supposed to part trailers and stuff...but the neighbor across from us does all the time. Once you do get tangled up with them and if they escalate...you will pay one way or the other. They can prevent you from selling your house until the HOA dues and fee's accumulated are paid.
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain   186,963 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Topics: 170
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2010
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jun 21 2020, 9:01pm

SierraHarley wrote:Like I said, I have no idea why anyone would live somewhere with an HOA treating them like children telling them what they can and cannot have and not helping pay for the mortgage.

I had it so great in the last house I owned with no HOA when a half way house bought an apartment complex right behind my house moving in their nasty loud mouthed drugged starved addicts in, where they would raise hell yelling and fighting day and night.

I got to enjoy the sweet sounds of spoiled brat kids on ATV's, motorcycles, 2 cycle scooters going up and down the street all day none stop and sometimes at night.I also got the privilege to watch my next door neighbors house get sold to the Cartel where they would store illegal immigrants coming and going all day and all night.
I really enjoyed the time when we had thieves each with their arms full of stolen goods making it hard to run from my neighbor down the street drop all the stolen items in my nasty empty trash at the street run away dragging my can down the street with them. ( I admit that was funny ) but got funnier when my neighbor caught up with one of them.

What makes me really miss living in a house without and HOA is the time I caught some damn pervert from the Halfway house jerking off while looking at my Wife through one of the back yard windows. I did enjoy getting to kick the crap out of him while waiting on the police to arrive.

I have no idea why I am happy living in a HOA when I have to put up peace and quiet and well manicured lawns and well kept houses with friendly neighbors.
Makes me miss my old house (NOT)
Attachments
1413704696600_wps_110_IMG_1219_resize_jpg_Sunda.jpg
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby tsuintx » Jun 21 2020, 10:05pm

Backyard looks good. :cool:
2016 Silverado LT 4x4 Crew Cab
2010 Tahoe LT2
2012 BMW K1600GTL Premium
tsuintx
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: 4x4 Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jun 21 2020, 10:28pm

tsuintx wrote:Backyard looks good. :cool:

I found that picture online but is close to what some of my old neighbors houses back yards used to look like minus a few stripped cars on blocks ( but that picture is a front yard!!!!)
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby SierraHarley » Jun 22 2020, 12:54am

You really need to look around more when it is time to get a house. There is a lot more out there than bad neighborhoods and only places with HOAs. Believe it or not you can get a nice house without someone telling you what you can and can't do to it. You can even do whatever you like to your vehicles without a care.
Just curious but did you meet your friend that got life in prison while you were living in that scroungy neighborhood or was it while you were in that silly HOA neighborhood?
Last edited by SierraHarley on Jun 22 2020, 1:02am, edited 1 time in total.

Retarded driver
SierraHarley
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby ferraiolo1 » Jun 22 2020, 1:02am

Lol right?!? I’ll never live in a place with a HOA again.

Just pick a good neighborhood and you’re good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SierraHarley: So lets gets this straight.... your opinion is people shouldn't post their opinions and people should be able to do whatever they want although you're telling people that have a difference of opinion what they should do?
ferraiolo1
Topics: 99
Year: 2017
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71 5.3
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Registered users

Postby 19trax95 » Jun 22 2020, 2:05pm

Thread cleaned. Let's try and stay at least semi on topic to things related to the truck.

No one is out to attack anyone here. Everyone has opinions and just because you dont like what they have to say, doesnt make their opinion invalid. This is also the internet after all, so thick skin is very much required sometimes.
19trax95
Staff Member
Staff Member
Topics: 133
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 2500 Duramax
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Member Extraordinaire
Global moderators
Registered users
PreviousNext