jQuery not supported.

EaOutlaw1969’s 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 build

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: EaOutlaw1969’s 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 build

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jun 22 2020, 2:07pm

19trax95 wrote:Thread cleaned. Let's try and stay at least semi on topic to things related to the truck.

No one is out to attack anyone here. Everyone has opinions and just because you dont like what they have to say, doesnt make their opinion invalid. This is also the internet after all, so thick skin is very much required sometimes.

Thank you
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 11
Year: 2015
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: LS
Extra Info: 5.3 Flex
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jul 11 2020, 3:24pm

Not much progress to report I did get my Sony touch screen radio wired correctly the PO just stripped the wire back slightly twisting them together like he was going to solder the wires but ended up just heat shrinking them now the connections are solid.
I also installed a cheap new back up camera found on Amazon for 18 bucks works great and I did not have to run new wires to the radio. I did have to enlarge the hole with a rat tail file to get it flush mounted.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0854 ... UTF8&psc=1

And finally after waiting over a month it seems my new Chrome lug nuts showed up. They were a decent deal for under 35 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YV ... UTF8&psc=1

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3588.JPG

Truck seems to be happy and working well in a short while I will be working on fluids filters AFM delete via programmer and possibly some paint work and a camper shell with a full length pull out sliding rack to make it easier to load and unload with stuff.

I have not decided on what to do for a bed liner but I may end up going with a spray in liner since the camper shell will keep what ever I get it from getting exposed to the elements and the bed is already full of dents and scratches. I have considered the carpet kit and just touching up the exposed metal since it is not permanent where a spray in liner your stuck with it or stuck with a lot of labor to remove it.

We will see what my budget over time will allow. ( Now accepting donations for the feed my truck parts and accessory charity run ) LOL :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jul 21 2020, 5:09pm

Well it has been a big spending day for my truck, I ordered a bunch of stuff since I am finally with our house refinancing. which we end up with 3.87%
Anyways I ordered Valvoline full synthetic for Modern engines and a K&N oil filter plus a five pack of drain plug seals.
I also ordered The Diablo S1000 AFM device, a Truxedo ProX15 xtra low profile bed cover that is supposed to have a lifetime warranty, I ended up getting for a catch can the 2014-2017 CHEVROLET | GMC 5.3L GM TRUCKS “PLUG N PLAY” DUAL VALVE OIL CATCH CAN KIT from The catch can guys seemed pricey but looks like a decent enough kit for my needs.
https://truxedo.com/pro-x15/2015/gmc/sierra-1500

https://thecatchcanguys.com/product/upr ... olor=Black

https://www.valvoline.com/our-products/ ... -motor-oil
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jul 24 2020, 12:16am

Got my Diablo S1000 in today, plugged it in started the truck and let it warm up, I took it around the block for a short test drive and I can say I am impressed turning off AFM sure woke up my truck. It almost feels like my old 2004 GTO hard to compare because my GTO had zero traction and would fry the tires like they were giving away free tires at Goodyear. The main problem now will be trying to keep my foot out of it and resisting the urge for more power.
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby roorancher » Jul 24 2020, 12:38am

Just wait until Lew works his magic, if you think the truck has awakened now.....(But keep in mind everything needs about 150 miles now to relearn and settle in....)

2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition

102,900 miles 8/1/20

Diode Dynamics-Hi-6/Cargo Mods-Boost Auto Mirrors-Elite Catch Can-AMP Power & Bed Steps-Bilstein-Carhartt-Swing Case-Vitesse-Camera-Source-Kicker-Winjet/DD HIDs

Diablew Tune
roorancher
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 92
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: Texas Edition
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jul 24 2020, 2:13am

I have not got a tuner yet, for now I just bought the Diablo S1000 AFM deactivation device. Still have way too many need to do's before I get to the want to do's if you know what I me.
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jul 28 2020, 6:22pm

Some of my parts have been slowly arriving, today I received my catch can kit, seems like a well built plug and play kit. Perhaps it may be over priced for what I needed yet I like that it has OEM style connectors and I do not have to cut my original hoses.
Between the catch can kit and oil I will be running I should be good to go for reducing carbon on the intake valves and combustion chamber.
I plan on also replacing the intake and throttle body going with the 6.2 setup to save me from having to try and clean up the 5.3 setup.
Then I will have a chance to inspect the carbon on the intake valves and combustion chamber from there I can decide how and if I will deal with it.
For now since I do not use the truck much I will just be accumulating parts. I am thinking I will want to deal with the oil soaked intake before I install the catch can. right now my back and neck will not allow me to do any of it. LOL

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jul 30 2020, 3:39pm

Still gathering parts I ordered a boat load of touch up paint supplies for my truck mainly for the bed of the truck to touch up damage done by the drop in bed liner. I also ordered a drop in Carpet type bed liner off of Amazon.
I wanted the OEM one it was about the same cost but the one I bought on Amazon included shipping where the GM liner would have been over 300 bucks just in shipping!!.
Here is the company I order the touch up paint from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/ I got all three types they offered for various touch up jobs spray cans,the small 2 ounce bottle and touch up pen . This time I ordered the SprayMax 2K Urethane Clearcoat because when I used their brand 12 Oz Aerosol High Gloss Clear Coat I got the base coat on a project I was doing to match perfectly I went to shake up the can of the clear and I never did hear a rattle from the agitator ball I guess they never put one in on that can even after 1/2 hour of shaking nothing so I was forced to use it. I was pleased with the finish no orange peel or fish eye it looked fantastic nice and shiny perfect I let it bake in the sun for over a month no problem until I put my truck cover on it and the cover stuck to the paint wrecking my hard work!! I must have gotten a bad can but either way I do not trust it this time so I bought the better stuff. ( even though it will be hidden under the bed liner carpet kit.
I will say even though I had a bad experience with their clear coat I was very impressed with the color match results. and the quality of the finish from a spray can was second to none. ( hopefully this experience will go better if I remember to wear a respirator ) LOL

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016 ... UTF8&psc=1
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Junior62 » Jul 30 2020, 3:57pm

Truck is coming along nicely! Let me know how you like the X15, I have been looking at that cover as a lower cost, low profile option that still allows full bed access. Also I like that it is canvas instead of vinyl. Let me know about the catch can setup too. I need to get one eventually, although not as high a priority as you DI guys :)
2011 ECSB 4x4 LTZ (Junior)
GO: Factory L9H 6.2L, 6L80, Airaid MIT, AMSOIL fluids, tuned by me
SHOW: 4/6 drop, Tahoe 20's, fully de-badged
Build Log: Junior62's 2011 Silverado Build
Junior62
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 3
Year: 2011
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: LTZ
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby EaOutlaw1969 [OP] » Jul 30 2020, 5:13pm

Junior62 wrote:Truck is coming along nicely! Let me know how you like the X15, I have been looking at that cover as a lower cost, low profile option that still allows full bed access. Also I like that it is canvas instead of vinyl. Let me know about the catch can setup too. I need to get one eventually, although not as high a priority as you DI guys :)

Will do, honestly I like that cover over others because of the way it fits semi flush with the bed and tighter to the squared corners making it look more at home than a cover sitting on top of the bed rail caps where the corner of the cover is close to the rounded ends of the bed. plus it is made in the USA in fact they just finished a run of 12 of them with the canvas today so mine will be shipping out today sometime. It was longer than promised but with everything going on with the pandemic who am I to complain?
I could have got it off of Amazon faster from a supplier that may have had it in stock but I opted to get it direct from the source thinking they could use the work and cash flow over a supplier that sells many items. Plus they offer a lifetime warranty on it.
I will say even though I have not installed the catch yet can I love the fit and finish.
Original Poster
EaOutlaw1969
Group Membership:
Registered users
PreviousNext