jQuery not supported.

ElReeso´s Duramax Build Thread

Build Thread about my Duramax
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: ElReeso´s Duramax Build Thread

Postby ElReeso [OP] » Jun 06 2019, 8:09am

txtimetravler wrote:Nice looking brush guard!!! Can’t wait to see it on your truck.

I’m in the market for one as well. Can’t decide to go full bumper replacement or just a brush guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! I had a hard time deciding what to do and which one to get. Eventually I decided to go for a full bumper replacement with a winch instead of a brush guard. ARB is considered Top Notch and it was cheaper than most of the other brands like Iron Cross

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

2010 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L 4x4 WT Trim

2" Torsion Key Lift

Cragars Black Window 17x9

BFG KM2 265/70 R17

Original Poster
ElReeso
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2010
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 2500 HD 6.0L WT 4x4
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby ElReeso [OP] » Jun 06 2019, 8:13am

jake2250 wrote:That brush bumper is gonna change the look of that truck big time! Just unboxing it is exciting! That is gonna look great! I couldn't sleep tonight, i would work into the morning putting that on! With that winch you have, thats gonna look GREAT!!

I wish I could work all night to put it on.. but the fitting kit isn‘t here yet. The kit needs to be purchased seperatley and instead of buying it at the same store I decided on saving some bucks. Well.. it is on backorder and they haven‘t replied any of my mails so I filed a Paypal Claim and should get my money back tomorrow.

Will buy at the same store I bought the bumper but it will take 2-3 weeks until its here. Then I should learn for my exams... soo I‘m not too sure when I‘ll be able to actually mount it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

2" Torsion Key Lift

BFG KM2 265/70 R17

Original Poster
ElReeso
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby ElReeso [OP] » Jun 18 2019, 8:44pm

Few little updates on the Duramax Front...

Installed the Rollpan and it looks pretty ok. I hope it will look good when I paint it. Right corner is a tad off, need to adress that too

Foto 10.06.19, 18 47 34.jpg

Played around with the bumper a bit more and mounted up the two round LED Lights. Will be cool once they light up my driveway :D

Foto 11.06.19, 17 56 09.jpg

While I had the door apart for the Towmirror install I noticed some water in the passenger floor area..

Foto 11.06.19, 22 31 47.jpg

It rained alot the past days so I checked Cab Lights and Third Brake Light but everything dry.
Next day I noticed some water on the door seal.. opened the passenger door and the water poured out the door and splashed over the seal. It rained so much the water entered the floor area over the seal.. maybe I shouldn´t park in the tilted area of the drive way when it rains alot :roll:

2" Torsion Key Lift

BFG KM2 265/70 R17

Original Poster
ElReeso
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby GOAT721 » Jun 19 2019, 12:15pm

those lights should be pretty nice
2015, 1500, Z71, Crew Cab, 6'4" Bed
GOAT721
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 41
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: 1500 Z71 CCRB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ElReeso [OP] » Jun 24 2019, 6:04pm

I hope so too!

I need to find a solution for the smaller outcuts in the bumper.. ARB delivered some white/amber marker lights but I want either amber emergency lights or small lightbars there. Haven´t found a good product that fits the outcut yet.
Don´t want to mount cubes or bigger lights bars on the outside to cover the outcut. It needs to be either a flush mount or a pretty perfect sized light from the inside of the bumper to fit my needs.

Meanwhile I pretty much convinced myself to buy a BDS kit instead of Zone or ProComp. I´ll probably go with Fox 2.0 Shocks and Skid Plate.. 4.5" Lift should be enough. I don´t want to go sky high with 6+ inches..

Ordered a Magnaflow Exhaust today and some Fender Flares to get additional wheel coverage when I´ll buy the new wheels. First need to put the flares on and check if I can go with ET-12 or better go with ET0

2" Torsion Key Lift

BFG KM2 265/70 R17

Original Poster
ElReeso
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby ElReeso [OP] » Jun 26 2019, 9:24pm

Solution for the outcuts found and ordered.

Liftkit ordered too.. I went with the BDS 4.5" I already mentioned. Fox 2.0 Adventure Series Shocks, Dual Steering Stabilizer and Front Skid Plate should do it.
BDS was the only company that offered a Narrow Track Knuckle option and its actually a Non Torsion Bar Drop Lift kit which makes it alot sexier in my eyes. Just looks cleaner and more Stock. Ordered from Liftkits4Less and got $100 rebate so I can´t complain.

Magnaflow exhaust should be here in two days but I´m probably gonna mount it in 3 weeks after my exams.
Few smaller parts came in too so I got a nice pile of Truckparts laying around now

2" Torsion Key Lift

BFG KM2 265/70 R17

Original Poster
ElReeso
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Jul 01 2019, 7:49pm

Big money! That 4.5” will look awesome. Any reason you chose that vs the 6.5”? Last I looked for something they were the same price I think
Bradley21sanders
Shifting into Fifth Gear [L3]
Topics: 46
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ElReeso [OP] » Jul 01 2019, 8:21pm

It was $2070 with the discount. Shipping and taxes on top.

The 6.5" Kit is their Coilover Kit (which I can´t afford :D) and the 7" is their normal Torsionbar Liftkit.
Costs are nearly the same for the 4.5" or 7" Kit. I believe its like a 100 bucks difference, so that wasn´t the big point.

I chose the 4.5" Kit because I like a lower center of gravity for the Truck which helps here in the mountains with daily driving and especially "offroading". Second reason was the fact I don´t have money for Deavers in the back and I´m pretty sure this truck will see some offroad parks and trails in its near future so I felt a bit unsafe with a big block under my OEM Leafsprings. Probably not noticable but I had the feel it was a con..

Next was the fact that my girl is having troubles with getting in on my ´10 with the 2" Torsion Keys. I will need steps with the 4.5" and for Offroad Capability I´m thinking of rocksliders.. If I got the 7" Kit I would need to go to a lower step than rocksliders to make it comfy for her.
Also I have 35" tires in mind on 18" rims for the near future. I think with the 7" I need 37" to get the outfilled look I want and thats a bit too much stress for my 3.73 gear ratio
Last point was towing. I bought the Diesel for mainly Towing/Offroading and longer Trips. If I got the 7" Kit I would need a big Drop Hitch which is expensive, not available in Germany and in fact not legal because it has no german testing paperworks. Towing for my dads company or hauling cars would get illegal then and cops tend to pullover car or company trailers alot.
Regarding towing my dream (and my girls dream) is a 5th wheel/gooseneck Setup for Horses/Bikes with a living quarter. Those are hard to find and as far as I know you need to modify them when you go above certain height levels. Registration on them is a big pain so I won´t imagine what a modification with paperwork would be..

I´m still thinking if I should´ve went with the 7" kit but I´m pretty happy now. If I ever decide to go bigger I might be able to just buy the different knuckles and 2-3 other parts that are different along with a set of badass deavers.

2" Torsion Key Lift

BFG KM2 265/70 R17

Original Poster
ElReeso
Group Membership:
TOTM Winner
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Jul 02 2019, 12:00am

Whole lot of reasons!

I think the 4.5 makes a whole lot of sense for you for sure!
Bradley21sanders
Topics: 46
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby ElReeso [OP] » Sep 11 2019, 10:10am

Long time without updates here!

Well, not too much happened since I have a new Job and less time for the trucks..

I installed the Winch Bumper a few weeks ago. Was pretty easy because I did it with our large crane so I could do it myself without any help or struggle..
The winch was installed too but yet have to connect it to the battery terminal.
Made some custom Mounts for two emergency lights I added instead of the driving lights in the bumper Corners. They are dual Color amber/White so I can have warning and extra lightning when I need it.
The two 9" Spotlights are already connected and controlled by a little Switch Terminal I mounted in the console. Working great so far, they light up pretty good.
Liftkit is still somewhere on the ocean so I have a little time to plan everything I Need Prior to that...

Pulled the Fender flares to install new ones and both Fenders are rotted out.. new ones on the way. Bedsides will be welded next week.

Bought a new headunit yet have to read some stuff which Adapter or module I Need to run my 10" Subs, new Headunit and retain the bose System.
I´ll add a Backup Camera too.

The Fleece All Lights Module gives me alot of Trouble.. the High Beams come on alone in 8/10 tries and sometimes the low beams flicker.. I probably gonna end up trashing it.

2" Torsion Key Lift

BFG KM2 265/70 R17

Original Poster
ElReeso