jQuery not supported.

Hubweims’ 2018 Silverado High Country Build/Project

2018 Silverado High Country
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: Hubweims’ 2018 Silverado High Country Build/Project

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Aug 13 2018, 9:34pm

Brian, if you know how to use hand tools then you will not have any problems installing them.
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 74
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: SLT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hubweims [OP] » Aug 13 2018, 10:05pm

Roger that, Trey. More worried about the time it takes. I hate to pay someone for something that I can do, and it’s already bitten me with CAI. Just convenient to drop the truck off while I work and then pick it back up when they’re done or I can break away. It’s a rare weekend I get time like this last one with all the kid’s activities. Kind of wish I would pulled the trigger sooner, and they’d be in already. Hahaha
Original Poster
Hubweims
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Aug 13 2018, 10:13pm

I know what you mean. I had a buddy from worked lined up to help me do my lift kit but i only get 2 weekends off a month and it was just easier to drop it off and have my mechanic put it on. Lol
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby nealinator » Aug 14 2018, 3:11am

To each their own...and time can be a precious thing...especially with a family....believe me...i know! The plug and play will greatly ease installation, not having to pull the door panels and tap into the trigger wires...but there is still a good bit to do. Nothing very complicated at all, but it takes some crawling around underneath to connect everything and all...running the wires and tying them up securely and making a neat job of it. For me, that is all fun and just what I like to do...and ensure it is done to my liking. But finding a time window is the key. Seems the places around here charge a few hundred to do it...but that may be if you buy the steps from them. Not sure what your area is like. You might ask around before buying them then having to pay even more to get them installed vs having gotten them from the installer. They get them cheaper so can get a little extra out of the deal I suppose.
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain192,029 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 170
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Postby Hubweims [OP] » Aug 14 2018, 4:15pm

Funny story that I thought I would share on here since it does pertain to my build. My wife drove my truck for the first time a couple of weekends ago since all the mods were installed. The last time she had driven it was just after I picked it up from the dealer and we took it to FL on vacation.

We were at some friends’ house grilling and relaxing in the pool. She needed to run to the liquor store b/c the ladies decided to make margaritas, and so she grabbed my keys and off the ladies went. I was parked on a side parking area just off a gravel drive. She had to back out into the gravel drive. Pretty good distance away, but I couldn’t see her. But close enough that I could hear the truck. She rutted up the drive backing out and then again driving forward trying to get to the blacktop. I heard it the whole time. You could hear the exhaust and the wheels break loose. Then it would stop. And then it would happen again. It reminded me of that ‘ole joke of a blonde at a flashing/blinking red light.

When she hit the blacktop, you could hear her barely above idle on takeoff trying to get used to the throttle response. When she got back, of course, us men made fun of them. She just kept saying, “I don’t know what you did to the truck, but when I pushed the gas it just went.” “I couldnt get used to it at first. I felt I was barely giving it any gas at all.” “Stop making fun of us or I’m likely to get a headache after the kids go to bed......Hahahaha.”

Long story short - I know it was a loose gravel road and doesn’t take much, but the truck had changed so much that it absolutely caught her by surprise. Keep in mind that she normally loves driving my truck. She put at least 60% of the miles on the the last one before I totaled it. However, it didn’t have any of the performance mods that this one does.

Again, it was gravel, I know. But, just for the laughs that we got out of it that 1 day with her driving it, made it worth all the money I’ve spent for the CAI, Exhaust, and custom Lew Tune.
Original Poster
Hubweims
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby nealinator » Aug 14 2018, 4:25pm

Don't go looking to close for stone chips now... :)
Nealinator's 5.3L 4x4 Z71 All Terrain192,029 miles
AMP Power Steps - Retrax Pro Cover - Terra Grappler G2 - Airaid MIT - Mobil 1
Borla Exhaust - Eonon GA7180 - Custom Catch Can - Bilstein 5100's - $ Cost $ - DiabLew Tune
nealinator
Topics: 170
Year: 2010
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: All Terrain
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L 4x4 Z71
Group Membership:
How-to Authors
TOTM Winner
Supporters
Registered users

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Aug 14 2018, 4:32pm

That lew tune makes my truck just go when i push the gas too!!! I love it
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hubweims [OP] » Aug 14 2018, 4:41pm

I’ll never own another one that I don’t have tuned, that’s for sure!

If she’d drive my truck for a day and leave her Enclave here, I’d probably see if there’s a license for it on the Diablo’s site.......hahaha.
Original Poster
Hubweims
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Aug 14 2018, 4:51pm

Brian, if im not mistaken you can buy a license for any vehicle. I was going to tune a buddies truck but he decided not to.
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hubweims [OP] » Aug 14 2018, 5:25pm

Trey, yes you can. Well, as long as you have a “platinum” model tuner. I bought a license and did a buddy’s ‘09 Z71. Another bud wanted me to do his ‘15 Jeep Wrangler, but actually Jeep’s require new PCM modules. So, it’s quite a bit more $$$ for him to get to a place for me to install a tune for him.

I meant it more as a joke that I want to tune a grocery getting Buick Enclave. Hahahaha. If it was remotely a truck like a Tahoe or a suburban especially with AFM, it would have already been done.....hahaha. But I was just being a little funny at how hooked I am on tuning now that I wanted to do the Enclave (more like a minivan than a true SUV)....::hahaha. My wife says, “It’s not a minivan. ITS A CROSSOVER!!!”

She loves it. I hate it. We’ve had 2 Tahoes, a Suburban, and a small Cadi SRX. should have kept a Tahoe or suburban. I hate the Enclave. This is her 2nd one. She liked the new body style for ‘18. She likes it b/c it has nearly the same room and storage as a Tahoe, but feels and drives more like a car than a truck. It doesn’t seem as big as a Tahoe, but on the interior, it’s actually really close with the room.
Original Poster
Hubweims
Group Membership:
Registered users