jQuery not supported.

Hubweims’ 2018 Silverado High Country Build/Project

2018 Silverado High Country
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: Hubweims’ 2018 Silverado High Country Build/Project

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Aug 14 2018, 5:36pm

I know what you mean! I keep telling my gf that im tuning her next ride, and im wanting her to get a yukon.
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 74
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: SLT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Hubweims [OP] » Aug 14 2018, 6:03pm

If she gets a Yukon, it’s a no brainer. Got to disable that AFM at the very least. Tell her it’s for the better of the truck and you’re doing to just take care of the truck and make it last longer......which isn’t a complete falsehood.

Two things make me really happy driving my truck:

1- remote starting and people appreciating the sound
2- other truck pulling beside me with exhaust and no tune and testing my truck off the line at a red light. Their exhaust may sound good and they think it gives them more low end, but those trucks may sound loud/good, but they just move like their bogged down and restricted. Nothing like jumping off the line with a steady pull from the Lew tune. It’s nice to get the nod and wave at the next light from the other dude. Hahahaha.

I live in a fairy small rural town in South MS. Lots of trucks and lots of truck mods driving around. Many if not most with exhausts and some sort of level/lift with wheels/tires, but almost none of them have tunes on them. So, I get to be happy quite a bit.

I know what your thinking too. What’s a 41 yr old man doing showing off with HS kids making himself “feel big and bad.” It’s ok b/c I think it about myself too. But, I just don’t care......Hahahaha. It makes me smile and chuckle.

Wife keeps asking me if I’m going to start going and hanging out at the Sonic on the weekend with the other HS “truck” boys. Hahahaha. I told her, “well, it depends on how tight the jeans are on the girls and if any of them are seniors and 18 yet.” Hahahahaha.
Original Poster
Hubweims
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 1 year of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: High Country
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Aug 14 2018, 6:27pm

I agree with all that was said!!! I its easy to make a truck look good but its a whole different beast when it functions as good as it looks. Ive run a lew tune on 2 of my past 3 trucks and efi live on my diesel. A good tune is always worth the money. I havent even put my truck in 4 wheel drive since the lift kit has been on, but i know that it is going to function just like it should and will not eat up parts because i spent the mo ey and got a quality lift kit.
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 74
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: SLT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion