jQuery not supported.

JQCitizen’s 2018 Silverado LTZ Z71 build

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: JQCitizen’s 2018 Silverado LTZ Z71 build

Postby JQCitizen [OP] » Jan 06 2019, 6:30am

Yeah the wife saw the invoice for all the fun toys, and if looks could kill, I would be a dead man. Still trying to figure out what kind of lift I want to put on the truck. I have the stamped steel control arms, these will be replaced with aftermarket regardless. Back in my mechanic days I saw too many destroyed ball joints to even take the chance.

Would like to do mild to medium off-road, nothing too crazy, but want to be capable. Thinking 3 inch could be enough, for now.
Original Poster
JQCitizen
Firing on 3 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 2 years of membership2 years of membership
Year: 2018
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: LTZ Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Jan 06 2019, 7:05am

I, along with at least 4-5 others on here will suggest the CST 4.5” kit. Very high quality kit! Here is mine.

EA1F85BB-F4C6-46EC-B3A6-C3631AF4FEDD.jpeg
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 74
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2015
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: SLT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby JQCitizen [OP] » Jan 06 2019, 8:01am

Thanks Green, This is by far one of the best kits that I have seen. How does it compare to stock handling? If I end up doing this one, I want to ensure I can use the factory wheels, with bigger tires probably 34 or 35. For some reason I really like them. Do you have any issues with the drive shafts going up 4.5?

Guess its a good thing I quit smoking, now I know where my money is going to go. Joining this forum is getting really expensive!
Original Poster
JQCitizen
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby green68mustang_2002 » Jan 06 2019, 8:15am

This forum will help you spend money! LOL
You will not loose anything when it comes to the handling of the truck. What the lift will do is make the truck ride much better on and off-road. I am running their adjustable resi coilovers set on the lowest setting. I did run their strut spacer for a short time and it is top notch as well. If you go with their coilovers, you are more than likely going to need to go with an add a leaf on the rear to keep a slight rake and keep from squatting when you have a load. You can also run your stock wheel with 35” tires. Im on a 295/60 which is almost a 34” tire and i had to do some trimming but i am on a -18 offset rim. There is no issue with the driveshaft with only 4,5” of lift. Im sure a couple others with the same kit will chime in at some point. I love my setup and would do it all over again.
green68mustang_2002
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 74
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2015
Extra Info: SLT Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby RustyNuts » Jan 06 2019, 12:03pm

Welcome to the forum, but if you want to keep a little money in your pocket you may want to forget this place exists.

:D

I came here with pretty much the same intentions as you since this is my DD as well (almost 14,000 mile on it now in five months) and now I have a laundry list of things to get done once spring gets here. I'll be going with CST as well but, as of right now anyway, I will be keeping it more of a level than a lift.

A friend of mine from work has the same Midnight LTZ too. Very nice truck.
RustyNuts
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 6 pistons [L2]
Topics: 5
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: Z71 L83 5.3 DCStB
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 05Canuck » Jan 06 2019, 2:06pm

JQCitizen wrote:Went with the Borla ATAK split dual side exhaust system with the black chrome tips. Love the sound of it. One of my customers has it on his truck, It’s really not too loud as everyone claims if you keep your foot out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha good luck with that!! Once you put that exhaust on your toast.
I would suggest a tuner...lots of threads out here on them. Most of us are hooked up with a guy out here (Lew) who supplies customs tunes for Diablo tuners.
Intake, exhaust and a tune are 3 of the most common and probably the best mods for these trucks.
1965 SS Impala 327 4spd
05Canuck
Staff Member
Staff Member
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 55
Year: 2019
Extra Info: I jumped the fence
Group Membership:
Global moderators
Registered users

Postby SSchup » Jan 06 2019, 3:35pm

Just bite the bullet and do the CST 4 1/2". I had the 4" CST on my 2013. Thought I would be happy with a 2 1/2" level on my new 2018. Well that didn't last long, will be installing the 4 1/2" CST this coming week.
2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ ccsb 6.2 NHT/ 4 1/2" CST lift/ 22x10 Hostile Rages/ 33x12.50/22 Toyo Open Country MT's/ Magnaflow catback.
SSchup
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 9
Extra Info: LTZ ccsb 6.2 Max Tow
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby JQCitizen [OP] » Jan 06 2019, 9:05pm

Canuk, already have the super chip F5. Will be looking at the diablo in the future. My main reason was to disable the AFM as it can kill our trucks. Second was the speed limiter, will I ever drive the truck over 100? Probably not, but I don’t like the idea of a manufacturer telling me I can’t!

Original Poster
JQCitizen
Group Membership:
Registered users

JQCitizen’s 2018 Silverado LTZ Z71 build

Postby JQCitizen [OP] » Jan 06 2019, 9:07pm

SSchup wrote:Just bite the bullet and do the CST 4 1/2". I had the 4" CST on my 2013. Thought I would be happy with a 2 1/2" level on my new 2018. Well that didn't last long, will be installing the 4 1/2" CST this coming week.

I think this is the way I am going to go. Blew too much $$$ this month, so it will come later in the year. Probably July or August. Are the shocks that come with the kit sufficient or should I look at upgrading?

Spent years lowering cars, lifting is new to me.

Original Poster
JQCitizen
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby JQCitizen [OP] » Jan 06 2019, 9:10pm

So I couldn’t sleep last night and started looking closely at the front of my truck. I really hate all the plastic. So off came the lower wind deflector. Will remove the other when the grill guard comes in. Still looking for a good skid plate that will work with the grill guard.

Before:

After:

Original Poster
JQCitizen