jQuery not supported.

KYChevyGirl 2002 Silverado

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

KYChevyGirl 2002 Silverado

Postby KYChevyGirl [OP] » Aug 21 2014, 1:49am

I've been debating on creating this post for awhile now but I'm just now getting around to it! It's not going to be a fancy SEMA build or anything but it should be interesting to say the least. This is my first truck and its a beaut in my opinion. To each their own. So let me get yall caught up on what's been done so far and then I'll continue to add to it as time goes on.

When I drove it off the lot in April it was a pure stock 2002 Silverado, 4.8L Vortec, 4x4, with no exhaust (previous own had cut it off at the flange), and about 180,000 miles on it. It looks like the previous owner had some sort of a lift on it or something but had uninstalled it. I can tell because of some of the brackets under the truck. It has it's rust issues and they will be fixed soon hopefully.
IMG_8181.JPG

The very first mod I did to it was plasti-dip the bowtie black! Instead of just taping it off on the grille, I pulled it off and in doing that it snapped the clips that held it on there. Ughh! So I went ahead and dipped it and then used some super duty Elmers glue and put it back on. It's still on to this day with no problems!
IMG_8213.JPG

Next came plasti-dipping my side moldings. I'm trying to find the perfect balance between the chrome and black so I figured the chrome strips had to go although I dipped the whole piece. Again, I just taped it off. I didn't see a need to take them off only to put them back on. Don't mind the mud all over the truck in the pictures. That's what a day at the KY river will get ya!
IMG_8506.JPG

After that I figured it was time for some interior mods so I bought 2 12" MTX subs (800 wts each) and a Rockford Amp (1000wts) for only $100 thanks to my brother in law. The truck came with an aftermarket head unit and didn't feel the need to buy another one. I cut the speakers in half and built them in their own separate boxes and bolted them down underneath the back seats with the amp in the middle. Plenty of room. They don't over hang or anything. I hear it's a nice massage when you're sitting in the back seat. I haven't experienced yet though. It sounds awesome. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the set up. I can get some if anyone is interested though.

I added a tow hook to the back of it. It has come in handy when it comes to people parking too close or tailgaters. It hurts like a SOB though when my shin accidentally runs into it though. :evil: I plasti-dipped that too but we'll get into down the line!
tow hook.jpg

Now it was time to get an exhaust installed because EVERYONE hated me when it came to how loud my truck was. So I went and had them put on Flowmaster 40 Series, Dual Exhaust, with 3" tips! Sounds awesome.
IMG_8454.JPG

Next, I plasti-dipped the front bumper, the grille, back bumper (black parts only), tow hook, receiver, the connector box, and the licence plate lights. I ended up taking the PD off the front bumper. I liked it but it's not the look I'm wanting like now. Maybe later down the line.
IMG_8459.JPG

IMG_8465.JPG

My most recent mod was adding the Bully Side Steps to the truck. I got them from AutoAnything and received great service! They are holding up great and were pretty easy to install. If anybody has looked into these, I'd definitely recommend them!
IMG_8798.JPG

Alright, we'll you're up to date on everything. I have a long list of future mods I would like to do and I'll list them out eventually but as of right now, I'm out of time.

Thanks for reading and if you have any questions, just ask. I will be updating this post every chance I get and with every new mod! I hope you enjoy watching my build just as much as I enjoy building it! :D
Original Poster
KYChevyGirl
Combustion on 7 pistons [L2]
Topics: 62
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2002
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 4.8L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: KYChevyGirl 2002 Silverado

Postby semicrazy » Aug 21 2014, 3:35am

Very nice tori. Its coming along nicely. Whats next??
semicrazy
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 87
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2008
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 6.0L 4x4 LT crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby MPSilverado » Aug 21 2014, 3:59am

Looks good! I especially enjoy the exhaust and the dipped bowtie/bumper, nice touch. I also pulled my bow when i dipped it, what a pain in the ass it was to remove!
2013 Silverado LTZ Z71 Crew Cab | Airaid Jr Kit | Custom Dual Exhaust | Elite Engineering | Procomp 6" Lift | Anthem Offroad Defenders 18x9 -12 | Atturo Trail Blade XT 35x12.5 | DDM 6000K Lows | DDM 3000k Fogs | LED Interior/Exterior Swap
MPSilverado
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2013
Extra Info: LTZ Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby OldChevys> » Aug 21 2014, 4:20am

Sweet, an old Chevy! Thanks for posting pics.
OldChevys>
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2001
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby KYChevyGirl [OP] » Aug 21 2014, 5:20am

semicrazy wrote:Very nice tori. Its coming along nicely. Whats next??

I haven't decided yet. I need tires and shocks in the worse sort of way but I'm wanting to wait and get a leveling kit on there unless I can figure out what set up I can run.
Original Poster
KYChevyGirl
Topics: 62
Year: 2002
Extra Info: 1500 4.8L V8 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby 2001 silverado LS » Aug 21 2014, 5:55am

Looks good!! Your off to a great start. Keep up the good work. :)

McGaughys 7-9
Dick Cepek Mud Country
Flowmaster 10
MO970 18x10 -24
2001 silverado LS
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 8 pistons [L2]
Topics: 88
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2008
Extra Info: 5.3l VORTEC
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Kanaloa » Aug 21 2014, 5:40pm

Great start with the mods. She's lookin good! If you're after a leveling kit, I would recommend the Rough Country 2" Full Leveling Kit, part number 283N2. http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country-283N2-Leveling-Kit/dp/B008R53CTQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1408638675&sr=1-1
I installed this on my 2001 Silverado almost 14 months ago. It comes with new torsion keys, rear blocks and hardware, new shocks all around, and fairly clear instructions. Pretty good deal. I run 285/75R16 BFG KM2's on 16x8 MotoMetals with a 0 offset. No rubbing at all. Freakin love my KM2's. They do excellent on pavement, dirt, mud, snow, and ice. Had to kick it into 4x4 at times while driving on ice after a couple small fishtailing incidents. They're a little noisy on pavement, but that doesn't bother me a bit.
Got any pictures of those subs? I'm a fan of aftermarket audio :mrgreen:
K&N 57 FIPK
Dynomax Mini Bullet
Diablo inTune
RC 2” Full Level
285/75 KM2s, 16x8 MotoMetals
Aries 4" Nerf Bars
Pioneer Speakers/Alpine 50Wx4 Amp
Kicker TS10L7/Pioneer 500W Amp
Kanaloa
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 5
Year: 2001
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L LS Z71 4x4
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby exmarco » Aug 21 2014, 5:54pm

ROFL :lol:
exmarco
Topics: 2
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2011
Extra Info: 2500 HD LTZ 6.0 4X4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Blaster63 » Aug 21 2014, 6:00pm

Very nice. Where did you get your tow hook?
2019 Chevy Silverado Black RST All Star edition Z71 4x4 (New picture coming soon!)
Blaster63
First Responder
First Responder
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 17
Year: 2019
Extra Info: RST Z71
Group Membership:
First Responders
Registered users

Postby Elk Hunter » Aug 21 2014, 6:02pm

Awesome to see a girl modifying her own truck! My wife shakes her head and rolls her eyes every time I order new parts or change things on one of my trucks. That black bow tie looks good, I think I will do that when I get home from work tonight.
2018 GMC Sierra 1500
SLT Premium - Z71 4x4
Onyx Black - Crew Cab
6 Speed - 5.3L - 3:42 Gears
Elk Hunter
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Firing on 6 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 5
Year: 2018
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Extra Info: SLT Z71 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users
Next

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion