jQuery not supported.

LRod's 2019 Silverado LD 4x4 build!

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

LRod's 2019 Silverado LD 4x4 build!

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 22 2019, 11:22pm

As per members suggestions I'm starting this build thread for my truck. I don't think it will be quite as interesting as others because whatever I do to the truck is being done by a shop. So I bought the truck brand new at the beginning of October 2019. The truck is an LD 4x4, LT, 5.3, All star edition in the graphite metallic color. First thing I did the week I bought it was install a Range AFM disabler, Steelcraft nerf bars, Rugged liner bed liner and a Bully bar step for the towing receiver. My current plan is to install the CST 4.5 lift, BF Goodrich KO2 305/65/18 on the stock 18" wheels, Bilstein 5100's all around, MBRP XP single catback exhaust and a JLT catch can. I've got all the stuff waiting in my garage and my install date is set for December 2nd. I'll be posting pictures and writing as I go along. I'd like to thank everyone that's given me advice. I've learned a ton from you all since I got on the forums. Please feel free to post!
LRodImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Last edited by LRod on Nov 22 2019, 11:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Poster
LRod
Combustion on 4 pistons [L2]
Topics: 23
Year: 2019
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Variant: All Star Edition
Extra Info: LD 5.3 V8 LT 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: LRod's 2019 Silverado LD 4x4 build!

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 22 2019, 11:37pm

So the Duratrac's were picked up today by FedEx and the same guy delivered the cat back exhaust + I had to drive today as well to a Discount tire location in Daytona Beach in order to pick up the KO2's. Daytona is over an hour away but the trip was worth it. They were the only ones in the state that had them in stock in the 305/65/18. The sales guy said it's not a common size that people buy. Their pretty big! I had them line one up next to a Cooper 275/70/18 for comparison purposes and the 275's looked like a stock tire next to these. I think they should fill in nicely. The KO2 in this size is a beast of a tire and ridiculously expensive compared to other sizes but I think it's the perfect size for the look I want. I verified that the tire 0had a recent build date. They were made 8 months ago so that's OK, better than 3 year old "new" Duratrac's. And of course, they are Made in the USA!
I've got an appointment tomorrow morning at a local exhaust shop to install the MBRP cat back. I'll post pics and audio then.

Original Poster
LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Jetmech76 » Nov 23 2019, 1:01am

Definitely looking forward to some pics of the finished project. I do believe it's going to turn out really well. Congrats.
Jetmech76
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 3 pistons [L2]
Topics: 34
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: CCSB LTZ 4x4
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 23 2019, 2:33am

Jetmech76 wrote:Definitely looking forward to some pics of the finished project. I do believe it's going to turn out really well. Congrats.
I really hope it does, thank you!

Original Poster
LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Kleiss1 » Nov 23 2019, 3:50am

Why not just have Discount Tire Mount the tires while you were there?
I don’t see how ya save by taking them somewhere else. Just me.
BakFlip 2”RC Level AVS Bug Shield-Visors 275-70-R17’s

Endeavor To Persever
Kleiss1
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 29
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2016
Extra Info: LT Z71 4x4 5.3
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 23 2019, 4:01am

Kleiss1 wrote:Why not just have Discount Tire Mount the tires while you were there?
I don’t see how ya save by taking them somewhere else. Just me.
Because they won't fit. My trucks stock! Lift + everything else gets installed together on the 2nd.

Original Poster
LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 23 2019, 5:14pm

MBRP exhaust has been installed this morning! It sounds fantastic! It's exactly what I was expecting. MBRP model #S5080409, single side catback in T409 stainless and 304 stainless tip. Exhaust is 3" & the tip is 4". Exhaust price was $495 through Americantrucks.com & the cost to install was $94. I'll be posting some audio when I can and will give more details later about the exhaust. Here are some initial pictures:ImageImageImageImage

Original Poster
LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 23 2019, 8:59pm

My initial assessment of the MBRP exhaust: I took the truck out for a drive and did some city & highway driving. On startup it sounds great, acceleration sounds loud up until you get to cruising speed. I drove it at 70 and you can just slightly hear the exhaust at that point. I wanted something louder but not to loud and this exhaust does just that. To compare I heard the Carven and it had to much like a high pitch sports car sound. I liked the Borla also but the Atak was too loud and the S-type didn't sound much louder than the touring. The MBRP XP seemed like the perfect compromise. It's loud enough only when you need it and it's has a nice deep sound which properly matches the truck. It sounds to me a lot like something between a Flowmaster & Magnaflow. When I drive it now feels like the engine has been liberated. You can feel that it's less restricted! I took my wife with me and she was happy with the results as well. She was concerned for when we take road trips. As for quality, it seems very well made and came in a box where everything was packaged tight and intact. All in all I'm very happy with it and feel that it was money well spent.
Here's a short vid of the startup with some slight revving:

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5dd9907579030/VID_20191123_141842.mp4
Original Poster
LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Bradley21sanders » Nov 24 2019, 12:22am

Here we go, got something good going on here.. Sounds good!

What is the wife concerned about? if its drone theres a fix for that. Don't know a lot about the brand you got and if it drones but if so look up adding a j-pipe to it. Theres a writeup somewhere on here about it and a couple of people have done it with good results.
Bradley21sanders
4x4 High Mode [L3]
4x4 High Mode [L3]
Topics: 47
Years of membership: 6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership
Year: 2009
Extra Info: 1500 5.3l 2WD
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby LRod [OP] » Nov 24 2019, 12:47am

Bradley21sanders wrote:Here we go, got something good going on here.. Sounds good!

What is the wife concerned about? if its drone theres a fix for that. Don't know a lot about the brand you got and if it drones but if so look up adding a j-pipe to it. Theres a writeup somewhere on here about it and a couple of people have done it with good results.
She wasn't concerned about drone, she was concerned about the sound level in the cab if we go on a long trip. I can tolerate noise more than her! But it was fine, she was happy! No J-pipe needed! And I didn't hear any droning. I run V8 mode all the time.

Original Poster
LRod
Group Membership:
Registered users