jQuery not supported.

Luke_Nukem's 2009 Silverado LTZ Build

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: Luke_Nukem's 2009 Silverado LTZ Build

Postby jgrimmz » Jun 28 2016, 2:07pm

Looks like you're off to a good start. Clean looking truck!
jgrimmz
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Shifting into Gear [L3]
Topics: 19
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2014
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Luke_Nukem [OP] » Jun 30 2016, 9:56pm

Well I installed my new Anzo headlights yesterday, was pretty simple. Overall I'm happy with them. I really like the look. The only downside I've found so far is that The "U-Bar" isn't lit up when just my DRL are on. What the hell Anzo? Anyways called them today, and waiting for a call back from a tech to see if there is any way I could rewire it to make it work how I'd like. Here are some photos I snapped real quick. Will try and get some evening shots sometime soon. The bright sun doesn't do these lights justice.

Also, Discount Tire is having a weekend sale. Looking at getting the BFG KO2's in 285/70 R17, or a 305/65 R17. Should be about a 33" tire. Thoughts? The skinnier ones I like better for fuel economy and traction as well as more clearance in the wheel well. Planning on installing a 3.5" lift later this year, and would prefer not to do the NorCal mod.
Attachments
IMAG0488.jpg
IMAG0489.jpg
IMAG0490.jpg
IMAG0491.jpg
Original Poster
Luke_Nukem
Combustion on 1 piston [L2]
Topics: 10
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2010
Extra Info: 2500HD LTZ 6.0L V8
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Luke_Nukem [OP] » Jul 01 2016, 3:36am

So I talked to the Anzo tech and he said you can add more wire to the power and ground wires of the U-Bar LED and run those up to your fuse box connecting them to a fuse that turns on when the truck turns on to get them to work with my DRL. He wasn't sure which fuse would be best, and advised me to ask on an online forum such as this. Any ideas? Can't imagine the amperage of those LEDs is too much but dont want to over charge the fuse. Was thinking maybe the power windows fuse? Anyone have any thoughts, tips, advice? Thanks
Original Poster
Luke_Nukem
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hallmark » Jul 01 2016, 3:39am

Hey Luke,

Nice looking truck, really like the wheels and headlights. Just one suggestion, can you please clean the engine bay of your truck? lol
hallmark
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 22
Year: 2012
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Luke_Nukem [OP] » Jul 01 2016, 3:43am

hallmark wrote:Hey Luke,

Nice looking truck, really like the wheels and headlights. Just one suggestion, can you please clean the engine bay of your truck? lol

Haha I know, I know...driving on these orange Kansas dirt roads is hell for trying to keep anything clean. The dirt is super fine and just cakes onto everything. Also, when I installed the lights I found a crunchy dead bird in front of the radiator after I pulled the grille. Birds just ain't too bright here in KS, prolly the 3rd one ive smoked since April!
Original Poster
Luke_Nukem
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby hallmark » Jul 01 2016, 4:30am

Cover the battery terms & alt with grocery bags and use the "mist" setting on the water hose and rinse all the loose dirt and spray it down with Simple Green and your engine bay will look spiffy! Also aggitate the dirt with a brush.
hallmark
Topics: 22
Year: 2012
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Luke_Nukem [OP] » Jul 01 2016, 4:37am

hallmark wrote:Cover the battery terms & alt with grocery bags and use the "mist" setting on the water hose and rinse all the loose dirt and spray it down with Simple Green and your engine bay will look spiffy! Also aggitate the dirt with a brush.

Thanks for the tip! Will have to do that when I do get around to getting it taken care of. It's a little disheartening because If I take one drive down one of these dirt roads it's all for naught. This stuff is relentless! Actually have a long weekend for the 4th, woohoo! Maybe Ill give her a scrub down then.
Original Poster
Luke_Nukem
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Luke_Nukem [OP] » Jul 06 2016, 11:42pm

A few more photos of the Anzos that were taken in a little better light. Not the best backdrop, I know..
Attachments
IMAG0499.jpg
IMAG0500.jpg
IMAG0502.jpg
IMAG0504.jpg
Original Poster
Luke_Nukem
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion