jQuery not supported.

Mcropper03's 2009 Silverado Build

Finally time to post all the work I have been doing...
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Mcropper03's 2009 Silverado Build

Postby Mcropper03 [OP] » Feb 02 2014, 5:36pm

So I figured after almost a year and a half with the truck I would finally list everything I have done to it.

It's a 2009 Silverado LT 5.3 4x4.

First thing I did was replace the wheels. I was able to find a good set of take offs for the factory 17" alloys. It let me swap the wheels without putting all new tires on.

After that I put a Retrax bed cover on it. This was the selling point for the wife that the truck made a good family vehicle. I also added a set of under rail LED lights to light up the bed at night, and a POPNLock power tail gate lock so that I can lock and unlock the tail gate with my remote.

From there I attacked the interior. I started with the Husky box under seat liner.

After that I replaced the center console with a LT2 center console and ditched the jump seat.
I replaced the factory radio with a Pioneer AVH-x4500 head unit with a Alpine Power Pack to push all new Polk DB651s 6.5 speakers.
I also replaced my stock steering wheel with a new one with the radio controls along with the the cruise controls.

After that I went back to the outside. I added EGR window deflectors and hood deflector. I also replaced the side mirror caps for body color matched.
For Christmas I added a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks to level the front end and a set of Weathertech floor liners.

So next up down the road is a new set of tires / wheels to take advantage of the leveling shocks. I still have several miles left on the current tires so it will probably be sometime next year before I can do that. I really want to replace the crappy cloth seats for a set of katzhins this summer. That may be a birthday present. I have an extended warranty on the truck so when it goes out I will probably put a tune or programmer on the engine to unleash the beast.

So that's what I've got so far. It's come a long way but I still have some things I want to do with it. I just try to do a little here and there so the wife doesn't want to kill me. I also know that I will have this one for a while so I can take some time to get it right.

Hope you enjoyed my trip to memory lane, and I will try to update it as I add more to it.

Thanks
Original Poster
Mcropper03
Firing on 2 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 3
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 5.3L Crew Cab
Group Membership:
Registered users

Re: Mcropper03's 2009 Silverado Build

Postby StarsnBars » Feb 02 2014, 9:25pm

Good write up on your build. Your truck is looking great. That Retrax bed cover is sweet.
Maybe you can talk the wife into a early birthday present on those seat covers. I know she would like them.
Good information for all:
The SilveradoSierra.com Commandments
StarsnBars
Shifting into Sixth Gear! [L3]
Topics: 250
Years of membership: 10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership
Year: 2012
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: H.D. 2500 Vortec 6.0
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Mtz2013rw » Feb 02 2014, 9:41pm

Looking good! Can't way to see more
Mtz2013rw
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 11
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Year: 2013
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby Mcropper03 [OP] » Feb 03 2014, 6:48pm

Yeah I am hoping she will get on board with the new covers. I just hate how the factory ones show moisture on the center panels. I was thinking of getting some covers but for the price of a nice set I could get full leather replacements. As far as installing them I am an engineer at a company that builds seats for a living so I have no worries about taking the seat apart, just need some warm weather to get it done.

I really am trying to figure out my wheel situation right now. I want the wheels to just barely stick out past the fenders or be flush. I have been thinking about doing an 18" rim with 0 offset and 275/65/18 tires. I think that will give me the look I want without having to worry to much about rubbing. Anybody think that will be a problem?
Original Poster
Mcropper03
Years of membership: 8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby jimnfor » Feb 03 2014, 7:17pm

Your truck looks great. Those lights in the bed and that LT2 console are awesome.
*under construction*
jimnfor
Topics: 47
Years of membership: 7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership
Make/Model: ...Not an owner
Extra Info: 5.3 Tahoe LT
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Postby Mcropper03 [OP] » Feb 04 2014, 6:35pm

Thanks. The console has been probably the best thing I have bought that I get daily use out of. The lights come in really handy too for getting stuff in and out of the truck at night.
Original Poster
Mcropper03
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby semicrazy » Sep 06 2014, 1:32am

Looks great.
semicrazy
Topics: 87
Year: 2008
Variant: VHO/Vortec Max
Extra Info: 6.0L 4x4 LT crew
Group Membership:
Registered users

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion