jQuery not supported.

Reesaus95's 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Re: Reesaus95's 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Postby RideThisChevy » Oct 05 2016, 9:50pm

Always been a fan of that color! Good looking truck and I'll definitely be following along to see where you go with this truck!
RideThisChevy
Automotive Technician
Automotive Technician
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Combustion on 2 pistons [L2]
Topics: 6
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2012
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Extra Info: 1500 5.3L z71
Group Membership:
Automotive Technicians
Registered users

Postby reesaus95 [OP] » Oct 05 2016, 10:20pm

Yes they do, I'm glad they let us use the space. It's a very open space and it gives me room to do that and work on the truck when I don't have to take it in to my father's shop
Original Poster
reesaus95
Firing on 1 cylinder [L1]
Topics: 1
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Year: 2005
Make/Model: GMC Sierra
Variant: SLE
Extra Info: 1500 5.3 V8 Z71
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby reesaus95 [OP] » Oct 05 2016, 10:25pm

Thanks guys for commenting on this! I will definitely keep you updated with what I do with her.

As another side note, I am VERY OPEN to suggestions on what to do with my truck here. I really don't know where I want to go with it yet. Things I have been looking at are lifts vs leveling kits, wheels and tires, motor/drivetrain performance upgrades, and anything else you guys can think of.
Original Poster
reesaus95
Years of membership: 3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby buttersstoch » Oct 07 2016, 2:42am

If you wanted to stay on the cheap side I would do Leveling kit, exhaust, and then get it tuned by someone like blackbear. Wheels and tires if you feel like spending more. You would have sweet truck after that, but thats just me :D
buttersstoch
Topics: 5
Years of membership: 4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
Year: 2003
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby reesaus95 [OP] » May 08 2020, 10:26pm

Well it's time to dig up an old thread!!!!

Some time ago I started this thread with hopes of keeping up with it at work, and then that hope was crushed by my job blocking non essential internet access. Slowly time had passed and the forum slowly slipped from my memory. But now we have internet access again and I figured some might like seeing some long over due updates.

Personally, a lot has kept me from this site as well. In the past years since 2016, I have moved out of my parents to a house I am still currently renting, I am engaged and planning a wedding hopefully to be had in October (as long as the Corona goes away!), and I have put a good number of miles on the old gal and she is still running strong!

As far as an update on the truck, not too too much has happened to it. Some of the bigger things to note are she got a Melling oil pump put in to replace the failing factory pump, couple of sets of tires, brakes, oil changes and other maintenance items, brake fuel and trans cooler lines replaced, fender flares added on, aftermarket headlight housing replaced with the factory ones, one broken leaf spring that needs replaced and some other minor stuff I am forgetting for sure. Currently she has 243k on the clock or so (need to update a picture on that) with the original trans and motor still running strong!

Not in any particular order but I'm uploading of few pics I have of her along her life with me here.

Now moving on to the future as I have some money put aside for the things I've really wanted to do but never actually got to. Also a assortment of maintenance and repair things that needs done as well. Recently I have been ordering up on parts and things to do and I am just getting ready to get them done and really start making the old girl look amazing again!

- New set of leaf springs
- New front end components (tie rods, ball joints etc)
- Various LED light replacements
- Good thorough detail and paint touch up
- Some rust repair
- Bedliner paint kit
- Muffler replacement (new one on the way! Borla Pro Xs series)
- New hitch and bumper (old ones are rotting away)
- Clean up and coat frame and underbody
- Window regulator replacement
- Level kit and tires/wheels
- Other things to come??
Original Poster
reesaus95
Group Membership:
Registered users

Postby reesaus95 [OP] » May 08 2020, 10:30pm

And I forgot to add, I am open to any comments or suggestions anyone has and also I will be following up more now here and with an app I got on my phone to help with this too!
Original Poster
reesaus95
Group Membership:
Registered users
Previous

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion