jQuery not supported.

Savannah_Silverado 's 2009 Silverado build

2009 Silverado upgrades
Forum rules
Please read the stickied announcement PRIOR to making any post to fully understand what and why this forum exists.

Savannah_Silverado 's 2009 Silverado build

Postby Savannah_Silverado [OP] » Aug 21 2016, 9:24pm

We will be changing out a few things on our company/personal 2009 Silverado. Really just getting started with all of this. I have had the truck for a couple of years now. This will basically be a rolling billboard for our company. We use it shopping, deliveries, going out, short/medium range trips and checking stock at our vendors.

List of things we have planned in no specific order.

Tow mirrors- completed 8/21/16
lift and tires 7.5 with 35's
new interior (color change)
radio and speakers
new hood
vehicle wrap
brush guard
side steps
tonneau cover
floor mats
Custom center console which I will build.

Plus anything else we might decide.

First thing I swapped out were the mirrors.

Old mirrors

New mirrors (bought them off a member here)

2009 Silverado Crew Cab
Original Poster
Savannah_Silverado
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Firing on 8 cylinders [L1]
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Re: Savannah_Silverado 's 2009 Silverado build

Postby Savannah_Silverado [OP] » Sep 04 2016, 11:42pm

Blacked out the front today using Plasti Dip, minus the emblem. I thought I had taken photos of it in chrome but I was wrong. I will post the few pictures I did take. This was my first time using Plasti Dip and it was extremely easy. Biggest thing was the prep work, which was just a really good cleaning. I cleaned all the chrome first was just soap and water, making sure to hit all the corners and hard to reach areas. Then I let it sit to dry after I wiped the majority of the water off. Next I used rubbing alcohol to remove any grease I may have left behind. I wore rubber gloves for the wipe down with the alcohol. I taped off the area around the grill to prevent any over spray from going places I did not want it to. Then I pilled off the little bit of over spray once I was done. I also taped off the center pieces on the grill which left the glossy appearance on them.

Me and my daughter, she loves anything to do with working on vehicles, started about 10:30am and finished up about 5:30pm. 6 coats on each with a 30 minute dry time between coats. We would have finished sooner but I had some errands to run. Here are the few photos I took.

Tapping everything off.

First coat

Finished

2009 Silverado Crew Cab
Original Poster
Savannah_Silverado
Armed Forces
Armed Forces
Topics: 17
Years of membership: 5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
Year: 2009
Make/Model: Chevrolet Silverado
Group Membership:
Servicemen
Registered users

Return to Under ConsTRUCKtion